Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/03/2013 5:25am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Watch him vs Frank Mir. Now retract that.

Although some said he had the flu (or something) just days before that fight. Not sure if it's verified or just fanboy excuses.
    I ain't retractin' ****

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2011/05/31/r...ith-frank-mir/
    Last edited by danno; 5/03/2013 5:30am at .

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/03/2013 7:19am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I dig this. I train martial arts to sexually assault people, too.

Me: Yeah, I choked your girlfriend out in the bathroom and then fingered her cooch. But she was just the appetizer. You're the main course, Sunshine.

Big Country: Put your goddamn cock away so I can kick your ass, man!

I ankle-pick Big Country and put him in a hammerlock.

Me: Ha! Too bad you don't train, Roy, or else you might've been able to stop that! But it's too late for "should haves" now...

I pull Big Country's trousers down.

Me: Ohhhhhh yeah... Look at that ass, it's like a lake full of jello. I'm going to slip into you like some kind of fine oil, baby. Nobody's ever going to make hate to you like I will tonight, you can bet on that!
    I don't even want to post on the same Internets as you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I dig this. I train martial arts to sexually assault people, too.

Me: Yeah, I choked your girlfriend out in the bathroom and then fingered her cooch. But she was just the appetizer. You're the main course, Sunshine.

Big Country: Put your goddamn cock away so I can kick your ass, man!

I ankle-pick Big Country and put him in a hammerlock.

Me: Ha! Too bad you don't train, Roy, or else you might've been able to stop that! But it's too late for "should haves" now...

I pull Big Country's trousers down.

Me: Ohhhhhh yeah... Look at that ass, it's like a lake full of jello. I'm going to slip into you like some kind of fine oil, baby. Nobody's ever going to make hate to you like I will tonight, you can bet on that!
    I don't even want to post on the same Internets as you anymore.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2013 7:22am

Style: Getting less fat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikironin21 View Post
    Who said Big Country didn't train anything? I have my doubts about his cardio regimen and his meal plan, but hey, he gets it done in the octagon.
    I was just pointing out another example, from 159, where reality reared its ugly head.
    What do you mean by reality reared its ugly head? Not sure if you know this, but many skilled strikers have haymakers as part of their arsenals.

Big power shots should be set up so you don't get owned with a counter shot, but the big power shot does not have to be set up with another strike. It can be set up by using good footwork.

Only through training an experience will someone get to that point.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/03/2013 7:28am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't you bitches pay attention to Joe Rogan? That was a fuckin kung-fu ridgehand strike. Not some no skill haymaker. Big Country has the REAL Kung Fu. Fuckers.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    5/03/2013 9:39am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    I would like to retract my previous statement.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    5/04/2013 2:04am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Didn't you bitches pay attention to Joe Rogan? That was a fuckin kung-fu ridgehand strike. Not some no skill haymaker. Big Country has the REAL Kung Fu. Fuckers.
    I did hear that and cringed... I wish his hand was at least open so we could kinda call it that. If anything, that punch looked like a nod to the Liddell school of overhand striking.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2013 2:11am

supporting member
     Style: Tang Soo Don't Retired

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think a good example from UFC 159, in this argument, is Big Country. Why train at all, when the other guy can come with a hay maker and turn your lights out? That fight was an example of a real fight. Two guys squared off, measuring each other and BAM! One guy gets that one good one in from way back and it's more or less over.

Then again, you have Penn and Teller, saying how all training is a waste of time, since, if you were to just hand over your wallet with the twenty to forty dollars it may contain, you get away much cheaper than spending tens of thousands on gym, or dojo dues, in the same time span of occurrence. So next time, you are threatened on the street, just whip out some kung funds and pay whomever for whatever issue is at hand and to walk away. How would that even go down?
    You:
    Hey man sorry I grabbed your girl's ass on the dance floor. I really am an ass for doing that, and a total ***** who you could easily stomp into the floor. I have like sixty bucks here. You can have it and I'll apologize to both you and your girlfriend, and we can both be on with the rest of our nights and avoid jail for you and the ER for me. Of course, I'll leave this establishment, so you will no longer have to look at my miserable ass, and life will be so much better for all of us involved.

Him:
    Lemme see the sixty bucks.

You:
    Here

Him:
    Thanks *****

His girlfriend:
    Fnck that Big Country! He grabbed my ass!!! Whatt am I, some kind of whore?

You:
    Where am I; what happened?

Attending Paramedic:
    You're on your way to the ER. You got hit and lost consciousness.

You:
    Oh

Attending Paramedic:
    You also pissed on yourself.

You (internal voice):
    Aw man, these are brand new skinny jeans! Oh well, this is still cheaper than a lifetime of gym and or dojo dues.

Bottom line is, the only way to prepare for a fight, is to fight. Barring any actual fights, the next best is sparring. Ever notice how, in TMA sessions, if you allow the session to go long enough, or the people are aggressive enough, technique starts to disappear, and soon you are left with a brawl? This happens for a reason. As soon as you get past the lower rank form and idea of what form is and it isn't, you can start to progress from being a just a martial artist, to being a fighter. You learn this faster though, if you actually fight.
    That's why you train in Aikido. You have no clue ass clown. YMAS.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2013 9:30pm

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train Aikido, because it fits with my department's use of force policy, and it's fun. I may or may not have a clue, but remember, just because a man drinks coffee at breakfast, doesn't, necessarily, mean he doesn't drink wine with dinner. There are many dimensions to all of us.

Posted On:
    5/05/2013 1:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train Aikido, because it fits with my department's use of force policy, and it's fun. I may or may not have a clue, but remember, just because a man drinks coffee at breakfast, doesn't, necessarily, mean he doesn't drink wine with dinner. There are many dimensions to all of us.
    If you are going to claim to be LEO please get yourself a tag. Also that has to be the most stupid proverb I have ever read.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/05/2013 3:51am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kickboxing isn't a martial art.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast