226105 Bullies, 4183 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/28/2013 4:40pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rock Ape's Guide To Running

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rock-ape-running.jpg 
Views:	106728 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	14763

Do you have feet? Good, go run. Already running? Run more and/or harder.

Funganistan veteran, soldier in her majesty's not-so-secret-service, and judge of fine whiskeys, Rock Ape, is going to tell you how to run. So go do it.

No, really, go run.

Why are you still reading this?

Link to his Running Guide, once you get back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2013 12:13pm

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always had fear that running on concrete will destroy my leg joints, since I don't have any good tennis shoes and run with all the grace and good looks of a rhino. I even considered paying a few lessons. Luckily at the moment there is a nice natural path through the woods not 5 minutes from my block. But I shall move away in a few months :-(

I hope it will help me overcome this problem with practical advices. Thumbs up, it's just the article I need right now.

Posted On:
    4/29/2013 2:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do not run in Tennis Shoes. Many years ago, I used to do this but all it did was transfer the road shock to my lower Back. Get proper Running shoes.

You don't need lessons, just move at walking pace and slowly increase and slow down when appropriate.

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 5:31pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My personal suggestion...

http://www.bodyglide.com/

This stuff is great. I tend to get some chaffing around the ole gonadanal area. This stuff is the cure. It's also great for the feet, underarm area and nipple chafing.

Ahhh..the joy's of aging.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    5/01/2013 3:08pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Part II now up !
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2013 12:09pm

Style: wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    I always had fear that running on concrete will destroy my leg joints, since I don't have any good tennis shoes and run with all the grace and good looks of a rhino. I even considered paying a few lessons. Luckily at the moment there is a nice natural path through the woods not 5 minutes from my block. But I shall move away in a few months :-(

I hope it will help me overcome this problem with practical advices. Thumbs up, it's just the article I need right now.
    For years I used to have a problem with a poor running step. What did the trick for me was barefoot running. I could see results after about three months.

I would go running along a good path wearing my regular running shoes, then take them off when I got near the lake, then put them back on for the way home. I worked my way up from 5 minutes of barefoot running up to about half an hour. Once all the muscles in my feet and legs were working as they should, the wear patterns in my shoes started looking even and my knees and back stopped getting strained so I could put on more miles each week without burning myself out. About 9 months after I started barefoot running I did a half marathon in just under an hour and a half (not barefoot!) and felt great the days after.