Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2013 9:55am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Who gives a **** what answer you want to hear. It works not only does it work it has proven to work better than the answer you like. It is a tested hypothesis. One that has been tested time and time again. The answer is the answer. So instead of being a petulant child with your fingers in your ears going nan nan nan nan nan how about you except it.
    Actually, that's what the two posters who questioned me asked. I stated that I had skills in both striking styles and there were situation I would choose to use my wing chun skills over my others. They asked what those situations were.

I explained.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/14/2013 10:05am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    Actually, that's what the two posters who questioned me asked. I stated that I had skills in both striking styles and there were situation I would choose to use my wing chun skills over my others. They asked what those situations were.

I explained.
    LOL. You were sporadic when you started training this "other style" and now you admit it is even more so. You have trained some MT, you do not have skills in it.
    Work has been really hectic and I was working 3 part time jobs for awhile. The muay thai not so much though. I am starting to get back into the muay thai class but at the moment it's once a week for that. I still try to make Bjj when I can and chi sao class is usually on sunday nights which is a work night so it's tough.
    You used your own words as a crutch and they betray you.

Posted On:
    5/14/2013 10:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post

I explained.
    You philosophized. I have my doubts that you actively train any other striking art based on your responses. Your responses lack a certain level of real world experience. I am sure we would all love to not get hit at all. However there is a very good reasons we see that the arts that have been proven to be effective in multi-discipline striking and proven to be effective in self defense situations rely heavily on shelling up. As you say it is easier, guess what KISS seems to almost always be the answer in any sort of high stress adversarial encounter. What you like has proven more often than not to be a fantasy.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/14/2013 10:15am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    You philosophized. I have my doubts that you actively train any other striking art based on your responses. Your responses lack a certain level of real world experience. I am sure we would all love to not get hit at all. However there is a very good reasons we see that the arts that have been proven to be effective in multi-discipline striking and proven to be effective in self defense situations rely heavily on shelling up. As you say it is easier, guess what KISS seems to almost always be the answer in any sort of high stress adversarial encounter. What you like has proven more often than not to be a fantasy.
    He does. The problem occurs when you actually check up on his claims. Things may have changed, when he was spewing his BJJ vs Chun rants, the class was once a week and sometimes every other week. He'd then talk about missing classes. The MT, at the time, was even more sporadic. Then you have to add in that these two classes were added in LATER, so you can't use his bullshido start date as an accurate gauge of training.

You also have to remember Chun was his priority. If he gave up anything it was to use his limited time to train the chun. In that regard I believe what he says 100%. He has more consistent training in the chun.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/14/2013 10:19am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't understand why anyone continues to argue with wingchun2xz. Whether it's from lack of mental acuity or just plain stubbornness, he has shown a remarkable tenacity to holding onto his dedication to -ing -un for years now.

So much so that he is "scorched earth" in my opinion.

Caveat, it would be one thing if he trained with a group that regularly competes in Sanda or Leitai, but as I recall, he does not.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/14/2013 10:24am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I don't understand why anyone continues to argue with wingchun2xz. Whether it's from lack of mental acuity or just plain stubbornness, he has shown a remarkable tenacity to holding onto his dedication to -ing -un for years now.

So much so that he is "scorched earth" in my opinion.
    For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.
    --Simon Wiesenthal

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/14/2013 10:27am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.
    --Simon Wiesenthal
    You heard it here first folks! -ing -un is evil!

Pardon me, I didn't realize martial incompetency had been elevated to "evil" status.

Some people are not worth debating, especially those who have demonstrated a marked lack of mental flexibility over the course of 5 years.

:)

Posted On:
    5/14/2013 10:42am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm, no joke, going to the Chun class at Redline this week. Then I'll have more to say.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/14/2013 11:10am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atheistmantis View Post
    I'll go out on the proverbial limb. IMHO JKD is weak. WC is weaker still.
    JKD > WC > Tang Soo Do

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/14/2013 11:19am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    You heard it here first folks! -ing -un is evil!

Pardon me, I didn't realize martial incompetency had been elevated to "evil" status.

Some people are not worth debating, especially those who have demonstrated a marked lack of mental flexibility over the course of 5 years.
    Pardon me for not training sport MAs and not realizing that BJJihad was a higher class of people.

It's a forum, based on arguing, for over a decade. Yet, here you sit, in this thread pulling out the "why U argue" trope. You know, while arguing your point.