Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2013 12:51am

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    you're filipina?

you consider yourself a pinay?

are you in the philippines? you somewhere around alabang?
    Forget all that nonsense. Are you hot?

Posted On:
    5/12/2013 8:40am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StayGuapa95 View Post
    I'm Korean & Filipina, so...yes?

And it's simo to you. Bow down.
    I forgot to reply to this one, and the pedantic, former teacher of CMA, side of me is calling ...

You'd still be sijo, male or female - there's no separate title for the genders.

And simo is the wife of a sifu, and doesn't actually denote any martial skill. The title for a woman teaching CMA is sifu

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2013 9:09pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I define bad wing chun based on the technique's adherence to the universal principles of the art. If the person is muscling in a trap it's bad wing chun. (no force on force)

If he does a spinning hook kick and lands and knocks the guy out, it's bad wing chun. Effective technique maybe, but bad wing chun. (High spinning kicks are generally not part of the art. Some wing chun styles do include them, but to me personally they are not part of the system. )

If he rotates his shoulders and tries to half knietic link on his chain punches, it's bad wing chun. ect. (Mid range power and power generation using the whole body's spatial position)

These kind of principles are how I define bad wing chun. I'd say the same for boxing. Lots of mma fighters use looping overhand shots with thier hands down and chin up adn get knock outs. I'd still consider that bad technical boxing as it violates one of the basic principles of what makes boxing work. (Hit accurately without getting hit back by keeping your elbows tight on the rotation and having your shoulder guard your chin.)

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/12/2013 9:27pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    I define bad wing chun based on the technique's adherence to the universal principles of the art. If the person is muscling in a trap it's bad wing chun. (no force on force)

If he does a spinning hook kick and lands and knocks the guy out, it's bad wing chun. Effective technique maybe, but bad wing chun. (High spinning kicks are generally not part of the art. Some wing chun styles do include them, but to me personally they are not part of the system. )

If he rotates his shoulders and tries to half knietic link on his chain punches, it's bad wing chun. ect. (Mid range power and power generation using the whole body's spatial position)

These kind of principles are how I define bad wing chun. I'd say the same for boxing. Lots of mma fighters use looping overhand shots with thier hands down and chin up adn get knock outs. I'd still consider that bad technical boxing as it violates one of the basic principles of what makes boxing work. (Hit accurately without getting hit back by keeping your elbows tight on the rotation and having your shoulder guard your chin.)
    Welcome back WCX2Z. It astonishes me that you are still spouting your WC bullshit after all this time. Are you still training BJJ and MT alongside your WC? Has it not become painfully obvious that 90% of the WC curriculum and theories is completely without value?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/12/2013 9:45pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Welcome back.
    So, how long have you been studying physiology and sports medicine?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2013 9:54pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Welcome back.
    So, how long have you been studying physiology and sports medicine?
    I looked it up on wikipedia for 5 minutes. I figure I'm about mid level expert on the subject now. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2013 9:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Welcome back WCX2Z. It astonishes me that you are still spouting your WC bullshit after all this time. Are you still training BJJ and MT alongside your WC? Has it not become painfully obvious that 90% of the WC curriculum and theories is completely without value?
    Yep, but not as much as I'd like. Work has been really hectic and I was working 3 part time jobs for awhile. The muay thai not so much though. I am starting to get back into the muay thai class but at the moment it's once a week for that. I still try to make Bjj when I can and chi sao class is usually on sunday nights which is a work night so it's tough. But, I make sure to use my wing chun at least once every sparring round and I work it during open mat. Nope, I don't believe it's without value and there are still situations that I would choose my wing chun over boxing and muay thai methods. Good to hear you're doing well :)

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/12/2013 10:34pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I looked it up on wikipedia for 5 minutes. I figure I'm about mid level expert on the subject now. :)
    A part time chunner giving boxing critiques for MMA L-O-L.

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    5/12/2013 11:19pm

supporting member
     Style: No Style

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, but not as much as I'd like. Work has been really hectic and I was working 3 part time jobs for awhile.
    Stop bitching about work, this isn't Facebook.

The muay thai not so much though. I am starting to get back into the muay thai class but at the moment it's once a week for that.
    Stop making excuses.

I still try to make Bjj when I can and chi sao class is usually on sunday nights which is a work night so it's tough.
    Tough is just you crying about it.

But, I make sure to use my wing chun at least once every sparring round and I work it during open mat.
    Not often enough.

Nope, I don't believe it's without value and there are still situations that I would choose my wing chun over boxing and muay thai methods.
    That's great. Such as?

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 1:48am

Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope, I don't believe it's without value and there are still situations that I would choose my wing chun over boxing and muay thai methods.
    I know Wrabbit had just asked this but really!??
    "Won't fight me in the ring? Don't fight me on the street."
    Paraphrased from Bullshido.

"You can't judge Martial Arts until you feel the joy of kicking someone in the face and not go to prison for it."
    Mrs Kovacs.
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 19202122 ... LastLast