Page 16 of 24 First ... 6121314151617181920 ... Last
  1. #151
    Chili Pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,389
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StayGuapa95 View Post
    Wing Chun has really helped me. I've used the Wing Chun my sifu taught me in Jeet Kune Do to spar other students and I think it works. Maybe you just had a bad sifu or had problems with training it?
    Great, you're now the sijo of No True Scotsman Wing Chun.

  2. #152

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    80
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Great, you're now the sijo of No True Scotsman Wing Chun.
    I'm Korean & Filipina, so...yes?

    And it's simo to you. Bow down.
    Last edited by StayGuapa95; 5/08/2013 4:12pm at .

  3. #153
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,092
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StayGuapa95 View Post
    Maybe you just had a bad sifu or had problems with training it?
    Maybe you just had bad training partners that could even be beaten with wing chun?

  4. #154

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    80
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Maybe you just had bad training partners that could even be beaten with wing chun?
    LOL I didn't say I beat them, sometimes I did. But we do a lot of trapping in boxing & kickboxing sparring and straight blasting too so I know it works. My sifu used to be a bouncer and some of the other students are training for MMA.

  5. #155

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    673
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StayGuapa95 View Post
    LOL I didn't say I beat them, sometimes I did. But we do a lot of trapping in boxing & kickboxing sparring and straight blasting too so I know it works. My sifu used to be a bouncer and some of the other students are training for MMA.
    Can you please add more cliches and tired old arguments on the wonders of _ing __un

  6. #156
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,442
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StayGuapa95 View Post
    LOL I didn't say I beat them, sometimes I did. But we do a lot of trapping in boxing & kickboxing sparring and straight blasting too so I know it works. My sifu used to be a bouncer and some of the other students are training for MMA.
    Yes, we know, for the last decade EVERY nutrider's sifu is a bouncer, whose students spar boxers and they are getting ready for MMA.

  7. #157
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,058
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StayGuapa95 View Post
    But we do a lot of trapping in boxing & kickboxing sparring
    You do a lot of trapping in 16oz gloves? How does that work out?

    Almost every time I've seen the Chun spar, the chunner is in 4oz mma gloves, and the "kickboxer" is wearing 16oz gloves....cos, you know, otherwise it wouldn't be fair :(

    EDIT: I've actually sparred like this, wearing boxing gloves and letting the other guy wear 4oz. This was at a throwdown (our Bullshido organized ego-free sparring meetups), and he was 16 and new to it, not to mention 40 odd pounds lighter than me, so that was ok.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 5/08/2013 10:43pm at .

  8. #158

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    48
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'v tried wing chun and I actually had fun with it, despite hearing all the negative things about it. I tried it first and sparred a chunner before I said anything bad about it.

    I actually learned some useful things too.

    But to this day, I have yet to see Wing Chun / Tsun/ Tzun/ in a actuall fight, or a chunner in victory against boxing or KB or what evahs.

    Every video I see chun failing its always the same "it's the bad chun, it's the wonderbread chun, its the goodwill chun, my Sifu has Abercrombie chun..."

  9. #159

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashiramas View Post
    "...my Sifu has Abercrombie chun..."
    No fat chunners allowed?

  10. #160

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    80
    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoonDog View Post
    Can you please add more cliches and tired old arguments on the wonders of _ing __un
    I want to have Donnie Yen's babies?

    But if I have to settle, Robert Downie Jr?

    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes, we know, for the last decade EVERY nutrider's sifu is a bouncer, whose students spar boxers and they are getting ready for MMA.
    Are you saying I'm lying?

Page 16 of 24 First ... 6121314151617181920 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO