Posted On:
    4/27/2013 6:23pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tae kwon do instructor arrested for poison letters sent to the president

Just saw this in the news:

Martial arts instructor arrested in case of poisoned letters

TUPELO, Miss. � FBI agents arrested a Mississippi martial arts instructor early Saturday in the bizarre case of poisoned letters sent to President Obama, a U.S. senator and a local judge.

James Everett Dutschke was arrested without incident at his Tupelo home shortly before 1 a.m., FBI spokeswoman Deborah Madden told The Times.

Dutschke, a former candidate for the Mississippi Legislature, became the prime suspect in the mailings after charges were dropped Tuesday against Paul Kevin Curtis, a celebrity impersonator from Corinth, Miss.

Curtis told investigators that he was framed by Dutschke, with whom he�d carried on a long-running feud over the Internet. Dutschke claimed innocence but went into hiding after law enforcement agents conducted multiple searches this week of his home and the taekwondo studio he used.

Dutschke's attorney, Lori Basham, made a brief statement by text message: �It is my understanding that the authorities have confirmed Mr. Dutschke's arrest. We have no comment at this time.�

The case involved letters sent last week to Obama and Sen. Roger Wicker of Mississippi, and earlier to an 80-year-old Mississippi judge, Sadie Holland. The letters to Obama and Wicker were seized at off-site mail-sorting facilities outside Washington and tested positive for ricin, a deadly toxin for which there�s no known antidote.

The letters were discovered just after the Boston Marathon bombings, stirring memories of the 2001 anthrax scare that began one week after the Sept. 11 terrorists attacks. Five people died of contamination in the anthrax case after tainted letters showed up at the offices of media and lawmakers.

Curtis, known in this part of the state for his impersonations of Elvis Presley and other celebrities, was first labeled as a suspect because the alleged ricin-laced letters were signed, �I am KC and I approve this message.� Curtis used similar sign-offs in postings on Facebook and other Internet sites.
    Continued in article.

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 3:10am

Style: banging katje

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    very strange case.. i wonder what the taekwondo has to do with this.. maybe it lends credence to the idea that the martial arts only attract the most extreme in society?

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 3:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Killer View Post
    very strange case.. i wonder what the taekwondo has to do with this.. maybe it lends credence to the idea that the martial arts only attract the most extreme in society?
    This is old news. If I remember correctly the guy did it in part to frame a rival schools owner.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 7:30am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    This is old news. If I remember correctly the guy did it in part to frame a rival schools owner.
    Actually, the Feds were way off. It was some crazy bitch in Texas trying to get back her ex. It was all over the news here in Dallas for a while and then just died off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 12:24pm

Style: FormerShotokan,Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    maybe it lends credence to the idea that the martial arts only attract the most extreme in society?
    Nope. It only lends credence to the idea that Elvis-impersonating only attracts the most extreme in society.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 12:56pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nils View Post
    Nope. It only lends credence to the idea that Elvis-impersonating only attracts the most extreme in society.
    I've actually met three separate Elvis impersonators through FMA, because Filipinos love Elvis, and Elvis impersonators love Filipinas.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 11:07am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need to shut the **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I've actually met three separate Elvis impersonators through FMA, because Filipinos love Elvis, and Elvis impersonators love Filipinas.
    If I had only known this when I was younger...

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 12:01pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    If I had only known this when I was younger...

Posted On:
    6/29/2013 3:13am

Style: banging katje

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    You need to shut the **** up.
    make me fearless internet warrior