Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2013 6:11pm

Style: Lung Ying Kung Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a bitch.. you can't run because it is faster than you... you can't climb a tree because it can climb after you. They will probably even follow you into a river, so that is out. I would have to ask myself WWFDD (What would Frank Dux do?) Hit that ***** with the dim mak! And then probably get mauled to death.

Posted On:
    4/25/2013 7:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    The area near Grossmont College isn't connected to Penasquitos canyon but its next to the uninterrupted open space of Cowles Mountain, Mission Trails, Sycamore Canyon Open Space and all the military land from Mission Trails till Miramar. Its actually a pretty huge area, but I've never seen a mountain lion out there. I've hiked Sycamore Canyon all day without ever coming to the end of it.

Myself and others have seen herds of deer there. Its a common area for ticks, which tend to accompany deer. I think you may be thinking of Miramar college though? Grossmont is in El Cajon.
    I was talking about the area where the pictured sign was posted. I am amazed that a mountain would hang out in that area. I totally get why they would be over here near dos picos and over by grossmont college.

I did see a few of them when I was working at Mataguay in my youth.

Posted On:
    4/25/2013 7:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I was talking about the area where the pictured sign was posted. I am amazed that a mountain would hang out in that area. I totally get why they would be over here near dos picos and over by grossmont college.

I did see a few of them when I was working at Mataguay in my youth.
    I've heard they have a huge roaming area. Something like 25 miles in diameter. When I lived in northern Cali we had one in the area that was sort of a local celebrity. It would be spotted on occasion in our town and the next two over. The going assumption was that all the sightings were the same cat because of their range.

Cougar and Bobcat maulings happened @ once a year on the nature trails in that area. While the attacks weren't terribly common (compared to how many people used the trails) fatalities among the people attacked were. All the victims were seriously injured at least. Often survivors reported that the cats jumped on them from the branches of a tree (Awww HELL NO!). I have never once heard a report of "I hit it in the face and it left me alone".

With that in mind, I highly reccomend REX QUAN DO! Just dazzle the beast with your Zubas and then make love, one apex predator to another.

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 1:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This what I have to say on the matter.

The sign that I posted is located in the CITY of San Diego, a CITY that is one of the 10 largest cities in the US. In fact even more specific its located in a business park that is in a community of the CITY of San Diego that has a population of 72,759 people.

So while I am running around at night trying to do my job not only do I have to worry about:
    The usual issues we all have to worry about (roaming rape gangs, people of color, illegal immigrants, drug crazed teenagers, ect ect ect).
    The San Diego Police (who will shoot me if I am holding ANYTHING in my hands while they approach me and I get approached by them frequently enough while working)
    Now Now I have to worry about a kitty cat that can
    Bound up to 40 feet running
    Leap 15 feet up a tree
    Climb over a 12 foot fence
    Travel many miles at 10 mph
    Reach speeds of 50 mph in a sprint

Yeah maybe just maybe I should start using the Armored Guard services that are available to me while working. However I just doubt that some guy making barely more than minimum wage is going to protect me from. These killing machines.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 8:00am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theAsthmatic View Post
    Sambo would be even more useless against a porcupine :( I hope I don't get attacked by one.
    Sambo actually proves very useful against tigers.

Not so much against racism, though.

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 8:13am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Being an Aussie.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 8:58am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd pull guard and go for the gogoplata.

Mountain lions hate that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 10:38am

Style: Satanist and BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grace of god and eye gouge :)

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 10:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a thread here on BS somewhere, which is about an article on how a man (in Africa) survived a lion attack by reaching into the mouth of the beast and ripping his tongue out.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 10:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast