223537 Bullies, 3727 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 62
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Iscape is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    68

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 1:06pm


     Style: Satanist and BJJ noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would beat it back with Bear Grylls' ego
  2. Vieux Normand is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 2:52pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, there are countless examples of mountain lions attacking adult humans.

    Just look up the stats.

    It's about as common as an adult being attacked by a beaver, porcupine or fox.

    Definitely a high-probability scenario.

    Also, don't forget your meteor-proof umbrella when you go into the bush. Bush-meteors are absolutely the worst.
  3. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    4,999

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 3:00pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This topic is of interest to me.





    Interesting note about the Puma concolor

    it holds the Guinness record for the animal with the highest number of names.
    It has over 40 names in English alone
  4. theAsthmatic is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, Ma
    Posts
    194

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 3:03pm


     Style: sambo

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Yep, there are countless examples of mountain lions attacking adult humans.

    Just look up the stats.

    It's about as common as an adult being attacked by a beaver, porcupine or fox.

    Definitely a high-probability scenario.

    Also, don't forget your meteor-proof umbrella when you go into the bush. Bush-meteors are absolutely the worst.
    Sambo would be even more useless against a porcupine :( I hope I don't get attacked by one.
  5. atheistmantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    446

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 3:29pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tang Soo Don't Retired

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Best martial art huh? I would have to say Ice Pick Ryu.
  6. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,517

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 4:25pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    This topic is of interest to me.





    Interesting note about the Puma concolor

    it holds the Guinness record for the animal with the highest number of names.
    It has over 40 names in English alone
    My stepmom saw a mountain lion on campus at Grossmont College a few years ago.
  7. franginho is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    250

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 4:31pm


     Style: JiuJistu

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was it a cougar stand off? Or more like a cougar vs. an old alley cat?
  8. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    4,999

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 4:47pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    My stepmom saw a mountain lion on campus at Grossmont College a few years ago.
    Wow that is crazy, but I there is a lot of open wilderness right off of that campus.

    On the other hand I find it interesting to think that the Los Penasquitos Canyon preserve would have enough game in it to attract a mountain lion. It is a preserve but it is very small and I have seen so few deer. In particular in that area of Mira Mesa that is in between Sequence Drive and Sorrento Valley road, its pretty barron.
  9. ChenPengFi is online now
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,226

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 5:55pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
  10. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,517

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 5:56pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Wow that is crazy, but I there is a lot of open wilderness right off of that campus.

    On the other hand I find it interesting to think that the Los Penasquitos Canyon preserve would have enough game in it to attract a mountain lion.
    The area near Grossmont College isn't connected to Penasquitos canyon but its next to the uninterrupted open space of Cowles Mountain, Mission Trails, Sycamore Canyon Open Space and all the military land from Mission Trails till Miramar. Its actually a pretty huge area, but I've never seen a mountain lion out there. I've hiked Sycamore Canyon all day without ever coming to the end of it.

    It is a preserve but it is very small and I have seen so few deer. In particular in that area of Mira Mesa that is in between Sequence Drive and Sorrento Valley road, its pretty barron.
    Myself and others have seen herds of deer there. Its a common area for ticks, which tend to accompany deer. I think you may be thinking of Miramar college though? Grossmont is in El Cajon.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.