Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 15 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/09/2014 12:33am

hall of famestaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jordan Tabor slimes investigations on Bullshido facebook

From the Bullshido Facebook page referring to Holy Moment's thread criticizing the five worst martial arts.

"Jordan Tabor This WAS bullshido's original purpose. There was never a professional element to it. You may be recalling the work of Sam Browning, but that's just one person, and despite the presentation, the investigations don't really hold up to scrutiny. We'd pretty much have to go back and start from square one with a new set of premises to capture what Investigations was intended to be."

Jordan earned his Hall of Fame tag when he and Anthony punked Ashida Kim, prior to 2004. An event I applauded. Ashida had a standing challenge and they made him back down once they substantially fulfilled it's absurd conditions.

Afterwards I and a number of other members started to write long form investigation reports. We did this roughly between 2005 and the banning of Chuck Hardin. if the wiki was up I could give you an exact number, but between 30 and 40 investigative writeups were published, including an early one which I wrote which documented that Ashida Kim was actually a wapanese named Radford Davis, and which helped destroy whatever credibility he may have retained in the ninja community.

During this period, Jordan like other administrators generally had pre-publication access to the rough drafts of our investigations. Did he show up to provide constructive criticism of these drafts? I can't remember a single time he did.

So Jordan, its your allegation, prove "the investigations really don't hold up to scrutiny".

Did you point out errors in the Ashida Kim investigation?

How about the David Bannon Investigation?

Matt Morton?

Dan Webre?

Sin The'?

the thread writeup I did on Paul Vunuk and his two restraining orders?

I could go on. You just condemned all of our work when you didn't say boo about it at the time.

I get that you felt that investions were a waste of time. I get you don't like writing things up. I get you preferred to carry out other activities, and I never got in your way.

Then there is this statement that "We'd pretty much have to go back and start from square one with a new set of premises to capture what Investigations was intended to be." My reply: What Arrogant Bullshit.

After punking Ashida Kim, in 2003, 2004? and until your recent thread with Matt Phillips on the BJJ association that is dicking you around, you exerted zero efforts to do investigative work. You never attempted to develop the new premises that you refer to. Would Bullshido have been a better website had their been another, different competing methodology regarding investigations? Possibly, but we will never know because you never attempted to develop such an alternative.

Sure I was one person, but Phrost created the wiki, (which is now down) partly to feature such investigations. With other steps he took from about 2005 onwards there was official support for Bullshido investigations. We also had about six or seven people earn hall of fame tags and about 10 earn investigation tags awarded for writeups. Phrost even helped create these tags.

I don't know why you are distorting the history of what went on. I eventually stopped doing investigations for a number of reasons and I'll take it as a given that you thought it was all an unfortunate episode in the site's history, but after Ashida, you NEVER attempted to help create alternative content.

I also don't know what you mean when you say "what investigations were meant to be", but neither do you because you said jack and **** about methodology other then you thought the writeups were long and boring. (Without your help we moved to a template for writeups that generally reduced their length.) To paraphrase Abbie Hoffman, the price of dissent is a contructive alternative, and in the days I was running investigations you provided none.

Just to be clear, unlike people on Bullshido's facebook page I never complained when people here made fun of Wing Chun or Aikido, or other martial arts like Holy Moment is doing now. But a website that didn't provide more varied content was going to become a one trick pony. I tried to solve this problem and the solution took more cash and effort then could be maintained by this volunteer, but you didn't help the site find a different path, and you have yourself to blame for that.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2014 2:11am

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds to me like he's butthurt over something...maybe Holy included Tabor's preferred art in his Top 5...maybe he feels like he didn't get enough recognition.

Whatever it is...he's upset with Bullshido over something else and he's couching it in his criticism.

By the way, is the wiki going to come back up?

Bullshido Administrator

Posted On:
    12/09/2014 7:01am

staff
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jordan's had a rough couple of years between his doomed involvement with Brazilian Top Team and a lot of the BJJ community turning on him. The way I see it, he has some great history with Bullshido including the punking of Ashida Kim and the JFS Parking Lot Gong Sau. However, I can't read most of what he writes nowadays, most it doesn't make sense and he has issues explaining himself coherently. I wouldn't worry about it Sam and Jordan keep Heel Hooking people at NAGA.

Posted On:
    12/09/2014 9:26am

hall of famestaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    Sounds to me like he's butthurt over something...maybe Holy included Tabor's preferred art in his Top 5...maybe he feels like he didn't get enough recognition.

Whatever it is...he's upset with Bullshido over something else and he's couching it in his criticism.

By the way, is the wiki going to come back up?
    Please ask Phrost, it's his responsibility, and he needs to get it done.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/09/2014 2:30pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jordan is an egotistical Narcissist. I mean this in the clinical sense. At best I tolerated they guy. Even when I point out his failings, which were obvious and video taped, he would not admit to them.

He went and openly challenged a BJJ instructor when he was Mister TKD man. I guess that showed him the light because he turned into a good BJJ practitioner.

He got knocked silly during a kickboxing match an instead of admitting he just didn't want to get back up he said he was knocked out.

He went on this tirade about how dishonest a former member was because he went with them to a rave and almost got busted for being around drugs.

Then when I call him on it he challenge me to a gong sau which I accepted. I think he finally came to his senses and decided it wasn't worth it in the long run.

Anytime I see the guy talk it's all about him and what he could for you, and how badass he is. Now he might be a good coach, and know what he's doing but mentally speaking the guy is not all there.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/09/2014 7:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/09/2014 9:50pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ]Interesting.
    Like we say to every other disgruntled poster, prove it.

Jordan's had a rough couple of years between his doomed involvement with Brazilian Top Team and a lot of the BJJ community turning on him.
    Oh you mean life? **** that noise.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2014 10:28pm

Style: Yagyu Shinkage Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what is his screen name?

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/09/2014 10:52pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL. That is another entirely different story, which makes me lose a FUCKTON of respect for the guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2014 11:50am

Style: Yagyu Shinkage Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait, so it's "the Villain" ?
Page 1 of 15 1 234511 ... LastLast