Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2013 10:59am

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Homernoid View Post
    "rouge nation", "rouge regime" or "rouge state"...
    Goddam commies.

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    5/17/2013 12:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    George Takei on the subject at hand :

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/georg...-marriage-fans
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 2:17pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    You have a lot of views about what Christians do and why they do those things. Unfortunately, you don't know what you are talking about. You keep throwing around "Calvinism" when the only reference you made to Calvinism was a complete miss about the most famous aspect of Calvinism.

You don't know what the **** you are talking about. You are offering ignorant, confused, armchair sociology of religion, as well as putting forward a confused, scattershot account of what Christians should do, based on poorly understood fragments of scripture and irrelevant references to the Constitution.

Do you not realize that your alleged reference to Calvinism was a complete failure? You don't know what Calvinism is. Stop talking about it until you do. I'm not a Calvinist, but I've studied Calvin and Calvinism both in historical and in philosophical / theological terms. Unless you can explain what you mean by Calvinism here (without completely muffing it this time) and give some reason to think that it plays the role you suggest, it will be clear that you are still just talking out your ass and regurgitating some pop-sociological account of why those Christians are so mean that you don't even understand.

So far, about 75% of your specific claims have been demonstrable bullshit. Do you want to try offering some serious reasoning or is that the level you are comfortable at?
    I'll concede to you on some of this. Re-reading the posts, I understand where you're coming from. I shouldn't have posted. However, This isn't implying I'm wrong in my view.

There are some misunderstandings between our posts. Something you posted later on gave me a clearer view of your questions. I've spent the last week or so thinking about this and reading. I see where I was mixed up, and now I think I understand how this conversation was supposed to evolve, and what was expected. Admittedly, I failed.

I'm not through here. At the moment apparently I'm not capable of forming a coherent discussion, and for good reason. I'm not appealing to anything other than reason at this point. I had a bad concussion a few months ago. I thought I was symptom free, and all was right. Apparently I still have a problem putting things together in my head. I apologize for that. However, I have discussed this matter at length and read at length about it. Some of my credentials involve 3 separate "Christian" forums in which all 3 one of the hottest and longest topics was Homosexuality. I was raised a Nazarene, My Great Grandfather was a Pentecostal preacher, my mother in law went to seminary, one of my good friends I've had since I was 14, lived in Greece for almost a decade to study for Greek Orthodox and is now a Bishop. My wife's uncle is also a Baptist pastor. My uncle was a Nazarene and is now a Baptist Deacon. Although, this doesn't make me a "scholar" it does give me a point of reference. Then again, it's just my word, for whatever that's worth.

I will ask you a favor for this. Please be patient, and more clear of what you're actually intending. Apparently I'm not understanding conversation as well as I thought. If there is something you think is different, It would be good to see it. If you know something, or think something different, It would be good to read it. As I said, I'm open. If I'm wrong, I will change my view and research the other direction as the facts present.
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829