Page 15 of 29 First ... 511121314151617181925 ... Last

Thread: gay marriage

  1. #141
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,888
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you really missing that a homosexual brother and sister might not want to get married in the first place, you know, being of opposite sexes and all?

  2. #142

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Are you really missing that a homosexual brother and sister might not want to get married in the first place, you know, being of opposite sexes and all?
    Maybe both of them are still in the closet.

  3. #143
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,311
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Are you really missing that a homosexual brother and sister might not want to get married in the first place, you know, being of opposite sexes and all?
    But if they want to marry, what is the problem? Some kind of stone age taboo?

  4. #144
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,888
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    But if they want to marry, what is the problem? Some kind of stone age taboo?
    You asked "why not?".
    That they are homosexuals of opposite sexes would be a reason (they might not seek marriage in the first place).
    The "beard" thing is common enough and lends something to VNs observation i guess.

  5. #145

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    65
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a heterosexual man. I'm also prevented from marrying a man. Where's the discrimination?

  6. #146

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    379
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    ...

    2. What is the definition of marriage?

    answer:
    It depends upon who you ask but if we were to take this out of the religious context then it's a legal binding between two people as acknowledge by a specific community.

    Now if we were to agree that a marriage between two people of the same sex is legal then are we regulated to define that because, as it stands, we find one person marrying a couple, and couples marrying a couples. Yes, we need to truly define this law. If we were to agree to at least one person to one person then to what advantage does the community benefit from this marriage? An unusual question? No, a lot of marriages we performed as a union between two families. ....
    Just a quick addition.

    The law change was about changing the legal definiton of "marriage".Mostly it was about affording gay couples the same rights as non gay couples since there was already the Civil Union avenue for gay couples.

    For example. If a gay couple had children and one of couple were to pass away then the remaining partner wasn't able to adopt or be legally responsible for the children because the system didn't recognise them as the other parent because they weren't "married". That kind of thing has been changed. It has the added advantage of eliminating further walls of the "Us/Them" type.
    Last edited by KiwiPhil889; 4/28/2013 4:25pm at .

  7. #147

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,462
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiPhil889 View Post
    Just a quick addition.

    The law change was about changing the legal definiton of "marriage".Mostly it was about affording gay couples the same rights as non gay couples since there was already the Civil Union avenue for gay couples.

    For example. If a gay couple had children and one of couple were to pass away then the remaining partner wasn't able to adopt or be legally responsible for the children because the system didn't recognise them as the other parent because they weren't "married". That kind of thing has been changed. It has the added advantage of eliminating further walls of the "Us/Them" type.
    Actually we investigated that, and a couple does not have to be married, homosexual or other wise for this to happen. These are some of my arguments and thank you for actually addressing my original discussion in the matter.

  8. #148

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,462
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kalavic View Post
    I am a heterosexual man. I'm also prevented from marrying a man. Where's the discrimination?
    Watch the last episode of Boston Legal.

  9. #149
    TheMightyMcClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    3,456
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The answer is "no, probably not," but this article raises a whole host of interesting reasons to allow gay marriage that don't often come up in the US debates on the topic:
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/36...-united-states
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

  10. #150
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona CA
    Posts
    7,301
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    The answer is "no, probably not," but this article raises a whole host of interesting reasons to allow gay marriage that don't often come up in the US debates on the topic:
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/36...-united-states
    Wasn't this basically covered with the we will marry your g/fs video@

Page 15 of 29 First ... 511121314151617181925 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO