221941 Bullies, 4179 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/11/2013 5:11pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adskibullus View Post
    I

Does running eat away at muscle? Will it also damage the strength gains ive made? At the moment im working all kinds of crazy hours and missing judo sessions so ive been hitting the weights and am looking for spme form of decent cardio to keep the fitness levels up until work sorts itself out and i can get back to judo.
    In a way, it can, at long distances. If you're concerned about that just keep the mileage low and fast (5k max), and supplement with protein/BCAAs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 1:32pm

Style: Lifting heavy stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    In a way, it can, at long distances. If you're concerned about that just keep the mileage low and fast (5k max), and supplement with protein/BCAAs.
    Thats what i was thinking, there seems to be alot if anti running advice floating around on the internet at the moment. If you do a quick google search about it then most of the articles seem to be about how steady cardio eats muscle and turns you into a skinny weakling etc.

Many articles advocate High intensity training ad the only worth while method of cardio but surly endurance it a high priority for someone who does combat sports and steady state cardio is good for building endurance? Is SS cardio still used buy fighters or is it retired to the old rocky movies?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234