Administrator

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 2:30am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    I don't understand what you're expecting to see. Seems like every time I check threads about recent MMA events people are complaining about how boring it was.
    If you have seen this trend recently, "I don't understand what you're expecting to see."

To answer your rhetorical non-question three things:
    1) People bitching about a boring fight.
    2) People bitching about a fighter being ridiculed.*
    3) People bitching about the bithcers.

*WHich ends with a stupid "STFU he fought you didn't waaaaah!"
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/30/2013 2:34am at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 9:16am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When was the last time you saw what you'd describe as a good event? How often do you see good events compared to boring ones? Has this changed over time?

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 9:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *cough* Pride *cough*

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 9:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was UFC better back then?

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 10:16am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    When was the last time you saw what you'd describe as a good event? How often do you see good events compared to boring ones? Has this changed over time?
    Before this thread, when was the last time you saw me describe an event as bad? How often do you read threads where I compare a good event to a boring one? Where have you seen MY opinion change about boring vs good?

This card was boring. If it hurts you that I have an opinion on this card too bad. Last time I checked, this place was about stating opinions.

Hint: Don't project your disgust at reactions, by various other posters, on me.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 10:18am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's all been going downhill since UFC1, and UFC1 was terrible to begin with.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 2:31pm

Style: Brawling, Judo, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    It's all been going downhill since UFC1, and UFC1 was terrible to begin with.
    So, you think they should have stuck with bare knuckles, no regulation and only 3 or 4 rules? Now that I think about it, that would be pretty fucking cool!

Seriously, though, I think things would have been better if PRIDE had survived and UFC folded. The only downside I see there is the possibility of Antonio Inoki worming his way into position as a head promoter. Then again, "Genkidesuka!" and slapping fighters and fans beats the **** out of Dana's nonsense 10 times out of 10.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 3:34pm

Style: Taekwondo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Blood View Post
    So, you think they should have stuck with bare knuckles, no regulation and only 3 or 4 rules? Now that I think about it, that would be pretty fucking cool!

Seriously, though, I think things would have been better if PRIDE had survived and UFC folded. The only downside I see there is the possibility of Antonio Inoki worming his way into position as a head promoter. Then again, "Genkidesuka!" and slapping fighters and fans beats the **** out of Dana's nonsense 10 times out of 10.
    Good luck getting MMA mainstream if the flagship promotion is:
    a) Japanese
    b) Headed by gangsters

And no question - MMA needs to be mainstream.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 4:34pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As great as Pride was, I'll stick with the way it worked out, thanks. At least we're not getting fights fixed (that we know of), we've got (for the most part) the big name fighters in the same organization, and we're seeing some pretty great fights.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 9:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Before this thread, when was the last time you saw me describe an event as bad? How often do you read threads where I compare a good event to a boring one? Where have you seen MY opinion change about boring vs good?

This card was boring. If it hurts you that I have an opinion on this card too bad. Last time I checked, this place was about stating opinions.

Hint: Don't project your disgust at reactions, by various other posters, on me.
    You responded to my post, that's why I'm talking to you. I am actually trying to understand your position, and I'm giving you mine.

My theory is that you've been watching MMA for a long time, and you're suffering MMA fatigue.

I enjoy watching weightlifting. It's one of my favourite events to watch at the Olympics. But only the finals. If I watched it as often as I watch MMA, man it would bore the **** out of me.

Do you watch any other sports? MMA is practically the only thing I watch (EDIT: and other combat sports).
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast