Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2013 7:20pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm guessing this card will not get too many views and hopefully show the UFC that WWE style drama is not a smart move for the sport. Usually the place I go to watch the fights is packed by 5pm, but last night it didn't start getting packed until close to 6. Even then, the atmosphere wasn't as hectic as it usually is.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/28/2013 7:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow.... Jones picking up Sonnen and taking him down at will was ridiculous. Did not expect that to happen.

He didn't just beat him, he did it in the most insulting manner possible.

Definitely the only other fighter with the potential to beat all of Silva's records.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/29/2013 4:13am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    UH oh, the "you must enjoy every MMA card EVAH" police just showed up....RUN!
    I don't understand what you're expecting to see. Seems like every time I check threads about recent MMA events people are complaining about how boring it was.

Posted On:
    4/29/2013 6:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Just dumb enough to listen to the dumbery from multiple dumbers..

*Puts head near pedantic monitor.

Listens intently.

Not a sound, dumb or otherwise.*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2013 11:26am

Style: Traditional Mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While Jones did much more than I expected, the outcome was the same. Total domination. Could not figure out how he messed up that toe. Although watching him trying to keep it together during the post-fight interview was the most enetertaining portion of the card. Bispind almost acted human when he apologized for the eye gouge. Big Country is still the same. The rest of the card was ho-humm.
    Last edited by DaTedBear; 4/29/2013 11:29am at . Reason: double post

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2013 1:37pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Miller/Healy FTW! That was a great fight, lots of fun to watch. Nelson's KO was also awesome. Am I the only one who wants to see Bigfoot vs Kongo in a loser leaves town match? Or, barring that, how bout Kongo just leaves town regardless... Main event was shorter than I hoped it'd be.

LOL @ Joe Rogan saying that Chael almost won because Jones wouldn't have been able to answer the bell for round 2. Not too often that someone wins because their opponent hurt themselves beating the crap out of them.

Some seriously, seriously awful reffing. There were several illegal blows that were missed by the refs, 2 Technicals due to eye pokes... Overall this really shows we need to step up our reffing qualifications.

Maybe, if a fighter suddenly retreats holding his eye, a time should be called, during which a judge can review a replay. If it was the result of a punch, than the fights over via tko, if it was an illegal blow, than the fighter gets his 5 minutes and the fight can resume. Just a thought, but it's pretty lame seeing an obvious eye poke followed by a "I didn't see it keep going with one eye"

Lastly I did pay for it. Was it worth 50 bucks? Well, any time I have to watch Bisping win it's not worth my money... Sadly the rest of the card, barring a few exciting moments, didn't make up it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/29/2013 2:56pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only two fights worth watching. Sucked so badly.

Posted On:
    4/29/2013 3:22pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been seeing some whining about Jones/Sonnen being an early stoppage, which is baffling. The rules call for intelligent defense. Sonnen didn't look hurt, but he sure as hell wasn't doing anything but laying there with his hands over his face getting hit. No return strikes, no sub attempts, no attempts to change position, nothing that indicated he was anything but content to lay there getting beat on. That fight was over.

Posted On:
    4/29/2013 3:27pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw it last night (Sunday) from 22:30-01:30AM - and that was the Repeat.

I was horrified by Bisping's finger poke to the eye. Initially I did wonder if it was deliberate but only because it looked avoidable. If he was going to throw a Punch, then throw a Punch, don't extend your fingers when aiming for the Face. I accept it probably was an accident but even so...

I never realised that Jones had broken his Big Toe until afterwards. Owww! That looks bloody painful.
    Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 4/29/2013 3:28pm at . Reason: typos

is badder than you

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 2:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    I don't understand what you're expecting to see. Seems like every time I check threads about recent MMA events people are complaining about how boring it was.
    Dude, I wanted to see the fights, but I really could have done without the cheesy-horror-movie-style injuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast