Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2013 2:17pm

Style: KK

Hell yeah! Hell no!

It's Kyokushin time again

Last Saturday (April 13th) was this year's annual Northwest Kyokushin challenge, in Renton, WA. I think it's a great event, and as usual, I figured I'd share some footage here....namely, the men's heavyweight semi-final, which was a beautiful Kyokushin match. I'll not list the names, but if someone is really interested, I'm sure they can find out who these two are.

And, also for fun, I'll share a video of me getting beat up by a 19 year old fighter from Mongolia. My 1st fight (a win by decision) can be found on my competitor's page (most recent post): http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...68#post2773768

There was a bit of a language barrier between me and this guy's coach, but it seemed that they were on some sort of Mongolian national fighting team. Either way, I cut my weight down under 180 to get into the middleweight bracket (lightest I've been since I was about 20). Looked like this guy was about 10 lbs lighter than I was, but I can tell you that he was STRONG, and if any part of me took him lightly because of his size going in, that was a mistake.

All in all, a good experience.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2013 7:22pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looks like it was a good turn out this year. I miss actively competing in knockdown. We just don't have that many in my area these days and I am to poor to travel very far.

Looks like the guy you fought has some nice Gedan Mawashi. Do you guys not use Sune Uke to lessen the effect of G.W.?

Thank you for shooting the video and putting it up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 7:14am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That Mongolian dude was rapid! Mad props to you sir.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 10:19am

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    It looks like it was a good turn out this year. I miss actively competing in knockdown. We just don't have that many in my area these days and I am to poor to travel very far.

Looks like the guy you fought has some nice Gedan Mawashi. Do you guys not use Sune Uke to lessen the effect of G.W.?

Thank you for shooting the video and putting it up.
    We do, and I should've more, but frankly the guy was faster than my reaction time.