Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello from Malaysian Noob

Noob from Malaysia here. I'm new to Bullshido, so I'll post an introduction here.

I've been practising Muay Thai for about 3 months now, and I'm loving every minute of it. It's basically just one session per week, though the training is one-on-one. Muay Thai isn't big at all where I live (almost everyone thinks that's it's too violent), so that's the best training I get can get.

I've practised WTF-style Taekwondo when I was in primary school for 3 years, and got a useless green belt. I know because I never even sparred once in 3 years of TKD, and even did the forms wrong, and still passed anyway.

I'm currently in the Isshinryu Karate club in my school as well, but I never use any of the techniques when I spar, so it doesn't really matter. A lot of members, even the high-ranking ones use completely different techniques when live sparring.

I joined Bullshido because there seems to be many experienced people on BS, and I would like to have you guys critique me on my techniques, strategies, tactics etc.

Hope to see y'all on the forums!

- Darren

Style
    Kyokushin/No Gi BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome! keep up with the MT

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the forum. So why bother with the Isshin ryu if you don't plan on using any of it?

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    Welcome to the forum. So why bother with the Isshin ryu if you don't plan on using any of it?
    Hi CodosDePiera,

In my school, and if I'm not mistaken all Chinese schools (if not all schools) in Malaysia, it's compulsary to join at least 1 uniformed society (scouts, St. Johns, Police Cadets, Martial Arts etc.), 1 academic society, and 1 sports club. It's some sort of government initiative or something.

Therefore, I joined the Isshinryu Karate Club because I had to. And at least 3/4 of the time there is spent punching air and doing katas, with very little light contact/point sparring (I got fouled for knocking down an opponent with a punch). These reasons led me to embrace Muay Thai. :-)
    Last edited by Darren WCK; 11/01/2010 5:26pm at . Reason: sorted out a few spelling errors

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oops. My bad.
    Last edited by Darren WCK; 11/01/2010 5:16pm at . Reason: Double Post

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so darren, how to criticize your techniques if you have no videos of your techniques?