Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 9:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love to go to Walmart for people watching. It's also the only place that I can walk around with my tattoos showing, huge beard, and be the more normal looking person!

I do most of my shopping on the interweb or at the hardware store. My wife does the grocery shopping and that happens at either Publix or Winn-dixie.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2013 11:44am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    I love to go to Walmart for people watching. It's also the only place that I can walk around with my tattoos showing, huge beard, and be the more normal looking person!

I do most of my shopping on the interweb or at the hardware store. My wife does the grocery shopping and that happens at either Publix or Winn-dixie.

I have to ask, do you actually see any sights like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	295848_10151594441075729_277300000_n.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	14729

Posted On:
    4/23/2013 12:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post

Yep. It's awesome. I walk around all the time with my phone out, texting pictures to people.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/23/2013 12:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post

Thankfully I have not.

Wal-mart came through for a brother again today. Camo spray paint - **** the haters.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/24/2013 7:17am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't label all corporations with the same felt tip:
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    4/27/2013 4:04pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember when I worked for a small family business: high wages, medical care it was awesome. Oh wait...it was minimum wage , no benefits, and ot was payed as regular pay.

As for Costco I respect what they have done but realistically they have some elitist approach to customers and make quite a bit of profit margin off of high end luxury items. The comparison to wal mart fails somewhat.

I don't want to go after Walmart but we should look at our laws and policies and make sure we don't undercut the ability of workers to negotiate higher wages in the market.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/27/2013 7:12pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    I remember when I worked for a small family business: high wages, medical care it was awesome. Oh wait...it was minimum wage , no benefits, and ot was payed as regular pay.
    THIS is the damn truth. Anybody who thinks large corporations are tightwads have probably never worked for a greedy small business owner who stresses about **** like the price of stamps and how many pens people use.

Posted On:
    4/27/2013 8:58pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    THIS is the damn truth. Anybody who thinks large corporations are tightwads have probably never worked for a greedy small business owner who stresses about **** like the price of stamps and how many pens people use.
    For me it was it was filling soup bowls below the line on the bowl and keeping the weight of meat on sandwiches low.

I can only imagine the fortune some of the fortunes amassed by various generl stores at the expense of their fellow townspeople. Of course, it would be better from a macroeconomic than having the fortune controlled by six people. I still would like to take a long look at how much current US law protects Walmart from free market forces.

Won't happen though because the current political sides want to either protect that fortune no matter what or seize the fortune for government use. The thought that the free market needs to be protected from corporations does not seem to have a political home. And free market includes the ability to start new businesses and negotiating higher wages when the market allows it.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/27/2013 9:18pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh, I remember my last trip to Wallyworld well.

2010 while in Dongguan, China. There on emergency company business and probably one of the few places to buy Scotch without fear of counterfeit bath brew. Still, it was the only Walmart I ever entered that was eager to help. Maybe they just found me a curiosity as I was the only wide eye (read westerner) in sight.

A different experience for sure.
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 4/27/2013 9:24pm at .

Posted On:
    4/28/2013 2:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Of course, it would be better from a macroeconomic than having the fortune controlled by six people.
    Well yes and no. Its not like there fortune is sitting around in a bank account as liquid cash. Its out in the economy, and helps provide liquidty to markets.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast