Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/18/2013 10:53am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Numerada

Does anyone know of any good books that contain information on the drill "Numerada" as found in Lacoste-Inosanto Kali and other systems? I'm interested in the origin, derivatives, etc.

Posted On:
    4/19/2013 9:08am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This isn't something I've encountered in Doce Pares, could you give a brief explanation/post a good youtube clip?

Posted On:
    4/19/2013 9:23am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard the Serrada guys i train with mention it, don't know much about it though, I'll have to ask them about it and how they apply it.

Posted On:
    4/19/2013 11:06am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Numerado/numerada for us is pretty simple - the attacker goes through the angles 1-11, and the defender blocks and counter attacks (and the attacker blocks the counter before going on to the next angle). Single attack and single response. Mostly we use it for warming up, or for familiarizing newer students with the various angles.

Posted On:
    4/19/2013 11:08am

supporting memberstaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    This isn't something I've encountered in Doce Pares, could you give a brief explanation/post a good youtube clip?

This is an extremely formalized version. The version I learned through the JKDAA & PFS beforehand is much more informal.

Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    I've heard the Serrada guys i train with mention it, don't know much about it though, I'll have to ask them about it and how they apply it.
    From what I've seen, the Serrada guys have a different drill they call Numerada, but I could be wrong.

Posted On:
    4/19/2013 11:10am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Numerado/numerada for us is pretty simple - the attacker goes through the angles 1-11, and the defender blocks and counter attacks (and the attacker blocks the counter before going on to the next angle). Single attack and single response. Mostly we use it for warming up, or for familiarizing newer students with the various angles.
    Sounds very similar to how we do it. It's the first drill in our progression, used largely for largo mano, defanging & response, footwork, and then eventually working into multiple attackers.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/19/2013 11:29am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my style, numerada and cabecedario (there's a C tacked on there for some reason) are two sides of the same coin. Like Chili Pepper said, its a defend and counter for a 1-12 feed. Both players use espada y daga (other things are possible obviously) and the feeder follows each angle with a thrust with the daga, so its a double feed. We use the KAA angle system rather than the normal arnis or doce pares ones we use other times. You've got to move and position yourself in such a way that after your first defense, you can also defend against the daga. The difference between numerada and cabecedario is that one meets the incoming attack to start the defense, while the other passes to start the defense. My teacher said that the terms are used to mean different things in different styles.

Posted On:
    4/19/2013 2:10pm

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fascinating, it looks similar to a drill I've seen our Brown Belts practicing, though I'm not sure what its called.