Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 7:02pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eudemic View Post
    . . . Was anyone else strongly reminded of E. Honda?
    Not really no. E honda is built like an ox, rather than looking like he just swallowed one. For a snack.

Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 7:39pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it wrong that I'm aggravated by this ****?

Look at that smug fucking grin on Tiny's face. His wing chun is indeed superior.

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 9:32pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love it how the Chun guy feels the need to just assault the dude for some serious questions he has, while not on the exact item they were talking about, is a very important issue to help him collate his understanding of the ranges. Instead of just taking the time to really explain and kindly getting the dude to demonstrate on him and not punching him in the face, the Chun guy feels the need to just punch the guy straight in the head a few times like it's a sparring match (I guess this is his 100% fight speed/strength); cause to disprove it in any other way would be an insult to the CRANE/SNAKE pie.

I don't really see that type of attitude anywhere else (could just be lack of exposure). I had the same issues in the Chun when I'd ask some questions about "What if this happened, I see guys do this in fights?" (insert being punched in the face, and if you move it's then *war* time because they have to prove it with out a doubt to stop further questions being asked. It seems like this huge insult you don't believe them, and it's mostly due to the case they don't pressure test their **** and you're just forced to believe it's "Supposed to work because I'm the teacher and I said so, now do these compliant drills with no resistance, and if anyone has an issue I'll bully them as an example to the class to re-enforce how right I am"); but I digress...
    Last edited by Mr.Miyagi; 4/17/2013 9:34pm at . Reason: Punctuation

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 9:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Oh wow, this is pretty great.

The descriptions of Jab and Straight seem pretty weird and incorrect to me. IIRC: Both should be retracted quickly, but the straight is launched from the rear hand with more hip rotation and is also synonymus with the cross, as far as I'm aware? The Jab/Jolt style punch will land hard, in comparison to the lighter range finding style of a jab that we usually see a lot of.

Just follow in the retracting Jab, cool, simple, rustic, yeah? Starts at 2.29m

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orG1d...ailpage#t=149s
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 9:58pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Karate man's body language doesn't look like he's getting ready to fight.
    Exactly my point. He looks like he is expecting an explanation and a demonstration.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 10:45pm

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To me it looks like karate man has a bad case of point sparring, as far as his fighting posture goes.

My big concern is if you're at someone's seminar and you question what they're teaching, shouldn't you at least give a sign of courtesy? I don't care if you bow or just say "with all due respect..." or whatever before going on about how what they do doesn't make sense to you. From what I gathered of this, Mr. Krotty was just being disrespectful to the Chubby Chunner's demonstration, so the Chubby Chunner was not just demonstrating but also a pride issue/"don't let him insult your skill."

This, to me, is akin to me telling an MMA coach whose seminar I attend that my tiger claw could easily stop their rear naked choke. It's foolish EVEN if I'm RIGHT, because I should be attending the seminar to learn from them what they do, not show off what I know about what I do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 11:02pm

Style: Out of Practice

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by csharp.negative View Post
    From what I gathered of this, Mr. Krotty was just being disrespectful to the Chubby Chunner's demonstration, so the Chubby Chunner was not just demonstrating but also a pride issue/"don't let him insult your skill."
    You wouldn't agree he was some kind of plant/heel, then?

Posted On:
    4/18/2013 4:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by csharp.negative View Post
    This, to me, is akin to me telling an MMA coach whose seminar I attend that my tiger claw could easily stop their rear naked choke. It's foolish EVEN if I'm RIGHT, because I should be attending the seminar to learn from them what they do, not show off what I know about what I do.
    Ok, you're not right. Difference is, he could put you in an RNC and slowly squeeze it so you could feel what it's like, and then you could 'paw' around his face all you want as long as you go to sleep.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2013 6:06am

Style: Judo N00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    Ok, you're not right. Difference is, he could put you in an RNC and slowly squeeze it so you could feel what it's like, and then you could 'paw' around his face all you want as long as you go to sleep.
    Agreed, showing a technique doesn't require your ego to get involved to try and show everyone how good you are. Maybe the guy didn't ask his questions at the right time or the right way. If thats the case say so.

I think that smug he had speaks for itself.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/18/2013 10:34am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL.

Anyway, did anyone pick up the lie and **** up?

Quote Originally Posted by Eudemic View Post
    You wouldn't agree he was some kind of plant/heel, then?
    It is interesting, when they pan around the room, he is the only one that isn't wearing a Chun shirt.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast