Great font and colour choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 3:19am

Style: CSW BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougalround View Post
    hi all,I traveled to Qufu kung fu school and got back for a while, here is what I have to say about.
    www.shaolinskungfu.com

I spent vast sums of money to China to seek kung fu , I am disappointed as the masters were not what we expected, it is not worthy to visit, as well,itís bad air there,it mentioned five masters on the website but actually,there are only two very young masters there,especially,the first master on websit didnít exist in school at all, the pics and information on their website are quite misleadingThey mainly teach shaolin,less taichi and xingyi per day, beyond that there is next to nothing about other kung fu styles they offer,which it fails to mention on the website they have,and training was really at a low standard.lol......
    HOPE this will help people who are looking for a good school in China to go to.
    The guy who runs this school used to teach out of http://www.chinashaolins.com/. Yantai Shaolin Martial Arts Academy? - No BS MMA and Martial Arts He ran the school with some other business savvy Shaolin monk. Same thing happened, they promised a bunch of things on the website and delivered Shaolin Wu-Shu ...lol. I attended the school in the summer of 06 because I was living in northern China at the time trying to get a business going. What they do is prey on people that are insecure about being in a new country and just gouge the **** out them. I felt sorry for these kids because they had no idea how much **** really costs and they didn't speak a word of Chinese.

They finally kicked me and my buddy out because we were letting the new students know how much the cost of living really was in China and that they didn't need to rely so much on the school.

I'll share one gem of an incident that went on. One night, I woke up late on the weekend to screaming and loud bangs coming from downstairs in the school. So I briskly rushed down stairs to see what was happening and lo and behold, the headmaster Shaolin monk is drunk and fighting (flailing) rather with his younger brother. Sadly, it was not drunken style kung fu = ( I wish. His little brother is throwing **** around in the front lobby and office. "I don't have time for this ****" I said to myself, so I go back up stairs. I came down the following morning and the Shaolin Monks had destroyed windows, the front office computer and a TV I think. The whole office was destroyed though. Good times.

Posted On:
    7/27/2010 3:24am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have personally been to the school in Qufu and can say without reservation that the masters, the teaching and the atmosphere of the school are excellent. The school is a Shaolin Kung Fu school- hence the name Qufu Shaolin Kung Fu School(!) but there is also an excellent bagua and tai chi teacher; the masters know many different forms and different styles. I think it is right the basic training is in shaolin. The school has been setting up for the last few years and is growing because of it's second-to-none reputation amongst previous students (e.g. see all the student experiences on their website). The school is a gem and seems to me like it's always doing it's best for the students and that the student-master training is at the center of everything it does. To be reflective and always improve, schools need the help of students to communicate with them if they have an issue with e.g a specific aspect of the website - it can be worked out. But those are small things and it's sad if ever used to distort the image of what is without question a fundamentally honorable and honest school like the one in Qufu.
    Last edited by Shikari; 7/27/2010 3:34am at .

Registered Member

Deep inside the intestine of a sperm whale

Posted On:
    7/27/2010 3:58am

Style: Judo, ITF, MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow! A person with single digit post count just happens to be here to defend their school! What were the odds! We are just lucky I guess :P

Posted On:
    7/27/2010 4:30am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this the thread where the guy ends up calling everyone immature and ragequitting? Cause if it is I'll stick around.

Registered Member

Deep inside the intestine of a sperm whale

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 12:12am

Style: Judo, ITF, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *buys ticket and camps out*

This had better be worth it!

(no, not THAT type of Camp!)

(assholes)

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 4:10pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do people do google searches on themselves every day to see if anyone has been talking about them cause...it seems like you wouldn't have a lot of free time to train in martial arts

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 4:33pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The origin of modern guns were essentially hand held canons. Yet no one tries to find the ancient art of canon making and then claim it is better than a modern assault rifle. Why does this logic utterly escape people when they think about martial arts?

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    7/28/2010 7:09pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    The origin of modern guns were essentially hand held canons. Yet no one tries to find the ancient art of canon making and then claim it is better than a modern assault rifle. Why does this logic utterly escape people when they think about martial arts?
    Are you suggesting that you can teach me to shoot bullets from my hands?
    安氏八极拳学生
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast