Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/20/2013 8:42pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diaz boys have got to step up their game the stand and box isn't working anymore. They're almost starting to look like first generation UFC fighters and paying the price each time for it.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/20/2013 9:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    D.C by fence... well at least it was action packed glad to see a guy win his UFC debut.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/20/2013 9:45pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Larkin got robbed Carmont must know voodoo or some ****.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/20/2013 9:46pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Henderson won that fight **** the hometown crowd he out struck Gilbert plain and simple.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    4/20/2013 9:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah i was impressed that he managed to top his usual awful post fight speech by actually proposing though. new worlds worst? i love the way he fights but he comes across as a complete boofhead. needs a fuckin haircut too eh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2013 1:50pm

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great night for Strikeforce imports.

The Diaz brothers really need to work on switching up their strategy. Their constant stalking forward with a wide base means that any decent striker who can stick to a gameplan of leg kicks and properly circling out will continue to beat them. Notice how when Thomson did get lit up by Diaz, it was almost always when Diaz sucked him away from his gameplan and into a brawl. They really, really need to add in some more variety and strategy to their approach.

Also, I don't know what Frank Mir thought he was doing last night, but someone should have told him there was a fight going on. Hell, he even backed up straight into the cage on a couple occasions. That rally towards the beginning of round 3 was nice, but even that didn't last too long.

Also, that was a nice championship match. It could have gone either way IMO. Was anyone else laughing at the awkwardness of Benson proposing while Melendez was crying only a few feet away from him?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 10:41am

Style: Traditional Mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have to say I enjoyed seeing Diaz getting beat. Don't know if I have ever seen a high level fighter get a towel thrown in, though. Didn't matter, ref did not see it. mir acted like he over trained and was out of it. Henderson did just enough to win, although Gilbert was very close to taking it away from him. And please, henderson cut that damn hair!

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 11:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frank Mir looked content to survive. From now on he should only be given fights against lower level fighters.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 1:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaTedBear View Post
    Have to say I enjoyed seeing Diaz getting beat. Don't know if I have ever seen a high level fighter get a towel thrown in, though. Didn't matter, ref did not see it. mir acted like he over trained and was out of it. Henderson did just enough to win, although Gilbert was very close to taking it away from him. And please, henderson cut that damn hair!
    while on the subject, i dont know if this is the same in mma but in boxing or kickboxing if you want to the title, you have to BEAT the champ. not barely almost get a decision, cos that'll almost always go the title holder. youre supposed to be in there to take it off him and if you cant make it look like thats what you did, then tough.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 3:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    while on the subject, i dont know if this is the same in mma but in boxing or kickboxing if you want to the title, you have to BEAT the champ. not barely almost get a decision, cos that'll almost always go the title holder. youre supposed to be in there to take it off him and if you cant make it look like thats what you did, then tough.
    Seriously, where does this bullshit come from?

"in boxing or kickboxing" lol, they don't even have championship titles there.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast