Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/23/2013 4:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    I wasn't making a country vs country point, or whatever it is you're implying - this story has been huge news over here too.

I was reading a London newspaper last night and beneath a full double=page spread about the bombing, there were just three lines about this story.
    My girlfriend came home yesterday and told me of a police standoff with some tweaker at a motel six near her parents house.

Shots fired on both side, barricaded suspect throwing knives and hatchets out the window. Sounded like a real dust up.

I don't think the knife throwing Meth Ninja even made the news around here. (Shootings on that side of town seldom do...)

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/23/2013 9:00pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    I wasn't making a country vs country point, or whatever it is you're implying - this story has been huge news over here too.
    It isn't country vs country. it is a comparison about how illogical we can be on a similar issue.

I reached a loose conclusion that terrorism was winning whatever game it's playing. Dominates the agenda, spreads fear and impinges personal freedom.
    Yes, this is exactly how I read your post.
    Which led to this:
    Take that logic, and apply it to our understanding and ranting about terrorist bombings.
    Your country went through multiple terrorist bombings, so your perspective is different. Dominating the news means nothing, as you just pointed out, it is about fear mongering.

Similar to the reactions we get concerning gun laws and mass shootings in the US.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/24/2013 5:51am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    As a former journalist, I'm all for protecting my sources. Considering that this is from the New York Post though ("BAG MEN" headline, anyone?), I would suspect their motives lie elsewhere.
    I understand and respect the tradition of protecting sources, but if you're going to turn somebody's life upside down in order to yell "First, bitchez!" it strikes me that a responsible person would be prepared to back up his story with something firmer that "a guy I know told me. He's toads legit." Anonymous sources are for holding the feet of the powerful to the fire, not to **** up a security guard's life forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    4/24/2013 12:01pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Had a feeling, once the hubbub died down the media would start reaching for more "clewz" because you know, no one's ever just been brainwashed into killing people...nah..

...it must have been the boxing and MMA influence:

Did boxing damage play a role in Boston bombings?

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/24/2013 12:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Had a feeling, once the hubbub died down the media would start reaching for more "clewz" because you know, no one's ever just been brainwashed into killing people...nah..

Cassius Clay failed to kill anybody. I guess, in CNN's eyes, we are all potential terrorists.

:)

Posted On:
    4/25/2013 10:45am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://news.providencejournal.com/br...dentready.html

Sunil Tripathi's body has been found, the Providence Journal reports. The Brown University student had been falsely identified as a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings on Twitter and on Reddit.

Rhode Island Health Department spokesperson Dara Chadwick confirmed the identification to Poynter in a phone call: We can confirm that the young man found is 22 year old Sunil Tripathi, Chadwick said. It was confirmed through a forensic dental examination. I don't have cause of death at this time.
    He'd last been seen March 15th. His body was found in the waters off Providence.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2013 12:51pm

Style: Escrima n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's the guy the article I posted a few pages back was about. Poor bastard, internet hounds and irresponsible media coverage must have made his last days seem like hell.

Posted On:
    4/25/2013 2:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Tamerlan now being investigated as possible assailant in Mess' murder...
    How could anyone with the name "Tamerlane" possibly be responsible for so much suffering and death?

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    4/25/2013 2:49pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Update to this story...

TIME criticized for article linking Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s boxing history to Boston bombings

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/25/2013 2:51pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Cassius Clay failed to kill anybody. I guess, in CNN's eyes, we are all potential terrorists.
    Yeah, but that damn Muslim Ali killed people that were "the great white hope!"
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 23 LastLast