Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 10:15am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    Considering that dude was right next to the bomb, limited cauterization is possible.

Not to mention that we've been waging a war in which IEDs are common place, so our shock/trauma procedures have tightened up over the decade.

#FreeJahar is trending.

Dumb motherfuckers.

#FreeTamerlan was trending earlier.

I guess someone explained to the dumb motherfuckers that they are dumb motherfuckers.
    Apparently, this guy Troy Crossley was with younger Tsarnaev "popping fireworks." His twitter feed is rife with conspiracists.

Hanover authorities found and detonated some devices, and were looking for the culprit(s):
    http://hanover.m.wickedlocal.com/wkd...tguid=RCNz1apt

(HT @th3j35t3r)
    Last edited by submessenger; 4/22/2013 10:18am at . Reason: forgot to mention...

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 11:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    Wow...that's huge, even if unconnected.
    So, 3 of Tamerlan's buddies (one an MMA fighter) were murdered, discovered 9/12/11... police believe more than one culprit, and that the victims and the assailant(s) were acquainted. Fascinating.

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 11:46am

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    So, 3 of Tamerlan's buddies (one an MMA fighter) were murdered, discovered 9/12/11... police believe more than one culprit, and that the victims and the assailant(s) were acquainted. Fascinating.
    Can you post something that links them to tamerlan? I see that one could have gone to school with one of them? Did one of the others train at the same gym?

Where is the connection documented?

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 11:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From Rabbit's link, above:

Gym owner Allan said that Tamerlan had once introduced him to an American, Brendan Mess, whom Tamerlan described as his best friend.
    Two years ago, Mess and two other men were brutally killed in a Waltham apartment where they were found by police with their throats slit and their bodies covered with marijuana. The murders remain unsolved.

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 12:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    From Rabbit's link, above:
    sorry... just watched the video

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 12:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This article is a bit more in-depth: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...iend-2011.html

some pull-quotes:
    'Tam wasn't there at the memorial service, he wasn't at the funeral, he wasn't around at all,' Ray said.

'And he was really close with Brendan. That's why it's so weird.'
    Wai Kru Mixed Martial Arts center owner John Allan said Tsarnaev and Mess used to work out at his gym together but Tsarnaev stopped coming after Mess was murdered.
    The event clearly still haunted Tsarnaev as recently as last week when he suddenly returned to his old gym and started acting unusually.
    The photo essay also reveals that Tsarnaev had a half-Italian, half-Portuguese girlfriend who had converted to Islam, that he drove a Mercedes and loved the movie 'Borat.'
    OK, all circumstantial, as far as the reporting goes. The last one I found interesting because he drove a Mercedes... didn't they carjack a Mercedes on Friday? Also, wasn't there a Mercedes towed from the Waltham murder scene? I saw it a while ago, but can't find it now. Not that it means anything... it seems like Mercedes represents about 50% of all vehicles on the road where I live, but Boston may be very different.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 12:35pm

Style: Escrima n00b

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    They refused to post my comment about the plausibility of less bleeding, and that it actually looked like a lot of bombing scenes.
    What is this crap? a tasteless troll job? Or do they really believe that weirdness?
    I dunno, it's possible that they've stuffed themselves so full with this pseudo-profound, paranoid narcissism that there's simply no room left in their heads for disagreement.

I also found this article a few days ago and didn't get round to posting it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22214511

Entitled Boston Bombing: How Internet Detectives Got It Very Wrong, it covers the online aftermath of the bombings, and how internet users decided to essentially crowd-source their own independent detective work.

As with anything involving the internet it went off on a lot of wild tangents, many of which were driven by the user's own prejudices, and wound up very publicly pointing the finger at a completely innocent person. Of course irresponsible media, relentlessly driven by their need to be the first with fresh information, jumped on it like a pack of wolves with little to no fact-checking, and this poor man went into hiding fearing for his life.

"Unreliable crowd-sourced material plus the media's ravenous desire for fresh information has proved a disgusting mix. Let's never ever do this again." (a quote from reddit)

It really highlights how important it is not to be tempted by wild conjecture or to level accusations without a reliable basis in fact. The whole episode has not only possibly ruined someone's life, but also served to add confusion to an already chaotic situation.

It's also a big welcome mat to whackos like erezb posted a link to, who will believe that their dribblings have more legitimacy because they're based on about as much fact and evidence as the stuff the news channels were reporting as gospel.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 12:45pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katje View Post
    Of course irresponsible media, relentlessly driven by their need to be the first with fresh information, jumped on it like a pack of wolves with little to no fact-checking, and this poor man went into hiding fearing for his life.
    The media can screw someone's life up just fine without social crowd-sourced anything. Reference Richard Jewell.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 12:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that what I mean by "me first media." Don't just blame the interwebs, CNN, HLN, CNBC and other media jumped all over that crap.

I did find something hilarious in this sad situation. There is officially one white guy, in all his nude glory, that now understands "Fit the Description."

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 1:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haven't been following this thread but I was just watching the news and they were saying that he was going to get charged. Apparently an IED is now a WMD. When did that happen?
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 19202122 ... LastLast