Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it were me (aside from the obvious systema joke), i'd look into this:

http://www.regenexx.com/

Posted On:
    4/15/2013 10:11pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See a Dr or multiples Dr.s. If they all say MA training and weights is out, you should probably listen to them before you make things worse. Be thankful you still have use of yours arms.

At the end of the day very few of us will ever actually use what we know in real life to defend our selves. If you want safety take up shooting and running. Many a bully here will suggest running before they suggest fighting. When I start to get to caught up in training and neglecting my family duties I try to remind myself that this is just for fun, I'm not an LEO and I don't need to defend myself for my job so there's no legitimate need to become a well rounded fighter. That said if I'm going to train MA I might as well train something that I can apply should the need present itself. At the end of the day there's really no reason i'd ever need to fight, I avoid shady areas where people drink/drug heavily, I have guns should someone break into my home. I don't have ego issues, if someone wants to talk ****, fine, I don't need to teach anyone a lesson. If have a wierd feeling about a place, I'm out; it's saved my from **** in the passed ,y friends weren't lucky enough to sense.

Do you need to fight people regularly? Probably not. Find another hobby before you really **** yourself up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2013 10:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    If it were me (aside from the obvious systema joke), i'd look into this:

http://www.regenexx.com/
    Woah. Thanks for this link, dude. I don't think I'd have the money for this right now (nor do I even think they'd accept me for this treatment) but this is a wild development. Hopefully this technology will grow within the next few years and I can be cured before I'm in my 40's haha.

Thanks, everyone.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    4/15/2013 10:23pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you consulted a sports orthopedic doctor?

I agree that multiple medical opinions is rarely a bad thing. Sports ortho's tend to be more aware of how much punishment and damage the human body can endure, especially the ones that work with college or professional athletes.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    4/15/2013 10:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Have you consulted a sports orthopedic doctor?

I agree that multiple medical opinions is rarely a bad thing. Sports ortho's tend to be more aware of how much punishment and damage the human body can endure, especially the ones that work with college or professional athletes.
    This, this, this.

---

What follows isn't advice, just stuff I've learned:
    1) Injuries can always get worse. Always. There have been a few times in my life when I've tried to convince myself otherwise, and each has been followed by me proving myself wrong. If you throw caution to the wind, you will reap a whirlwind of hurt, so don't train stupid.
    2) That being said, the human body is very good at healing if you give it a chance, and orthopedic medicine is improving dramatically, so if you train *smart*, some doors that are currently closed for you may reopen down the road.

You need to be persistent, disciplined, and patient when: weeding out shitty medical professionals and finding good ones; coming up with a game plan to stay active, retain current function, and improve function where possible; implementing said game plan; weeding out environmental/behavioural factors that will set you back; etc., etc.

Finally...
    3) Not being able to do contact sports is not the end of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Posted On:
    4/16/2013 5:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The previous posts by jnp and TheRuss are awesome and cannot be overstated imo.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12