Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2013 8:34pm

Style: Cage Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, I am absolutely blown away by the e-love I am getting here! I really do appreciate it!

In fact, it's kind of funny because when I first started posting here like 5 years ago, I had a really strong yearning for some bullshido love. I thought that a martial arts forum that put an emphasis on proof and putting your money where your mouth is was the coolest thing ever! (I mean, I still think it's pretty rad.) I was hoping to be a throwdown badass, with ALL OF THE TAGS... but The Question kicked me in the face and VinhTheKid teabagged me, so that kind of went out the window. Plus, I eventually came to realize that throwdowns are just sparring and nobody cares that much.

So eventually, I was like "**** it, I'll just give up on my dream of being gaining interwebz esteem and focus on fighting." So to be getting props (and sweet tags) now is oddly touching. In fact, I feel like there might even be a lesson in that somewhere, but I'm too punchy to infer what it is.

So again, thanks guys!

As for my training regimen, during a camp it looks like this.

Monday:

6:30 - 7:00 - Strength and conditioning circuit (Its really only 15 minutes of work, but between warming up and crying after, its a 30 min process)

7:00 - 8:00 - Striking partner drills, mostly consisting of us throwing combinations back and forth at each other.

8:00 - 9:00 - Live MMA drilling, including but not limited to ground and pound sparring, wall sparring, takedown drills

9:00 - ??? - Sometimes I'll hop into boxing sparring, sometimes I'll continue to drill or stretch. There used to be a wrestling class from 9-10, but now that it's gone I don't really know what to do anymore.

Tuesday: REST

Wednesday:

6:00 - 7:00 - Live kickboxing drills, mostly oriented around combination striking and countering with a smattering of sanda kick-catching thrown in

7:00 - 8:00 - BJJ (gi); Wednesdays BJJ class is really low key. Very technical and laid back. Rolling isn't a guarantee, and if it does happen, it's for like 10 minutes at the end.

8:00 - 9:00 - Sparring! We do like 6 or so rounds of kickboxing before throwing on the MMA gloves and transitioning to some live MMA drills, like Monday.

Thursday:

7:00 - 8:00 - San Da sparring! Punching, kicking, kneeing, and throwing! Fun stuff.

8:00 - 8:30 - Derping around until jiujitsu. I'll usually hit a bag, shadowbox, or drill some combos with anyone willing.

8:30 - 9:30 - BJJ, starting with a half hour of rolling, followed by a half hour of technique drilling.

Friday:

6:30 - 7:00 - Strength and conditioning; see Monday

7:00 - 8:30 or 9:00 - Sparring! We start off with 4-5 rounds of kickboxing and then go into full MMA sparring for the rest of the night.

Saturday:

4:00 - ??? - Open Mat; I'll usually throw on a gi and roll for a couple of hours with whoever is around.

Sunday:

12:30 - 2:00 - Team Sparring! We do 6-8 rounds of kickboxing and then do MMA rounds until people fade away.

2:00 - 3:00 - Wrestling. Not gonna lie...I'm a *****. I've not made it to nearly as many wrestling classes as I should've in the last few months. After team sparring, I'm pretty pooped and I can only see my girlfriend on Sundays. When I actually do stay, it's usually a 15 minute warm up, 35 minutes of drilling, followed by 10 minutes of live wrestling.

* It should be noted that around 4 weeks out, the S&C sessions get replaced with padwork sessions.

** My training schedule when I don't have a fight is nearly identical, except I'll skip a day or there at my leisure. I'm aiming more for 4-5 training days, as opposed to 6. On the days I skip I'll either train striking with my dad (who got me into martial arts in the first place) or attempt to dabble in a new sport like Parkour or Slacklining -- both of which I suck at

So there you have it guys! If I ever make it big and I can quit my day job, I'll definitely add some day-time training into this as well.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    5/12/2013 10:59pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whoa.

Sorry it's gonna take me at least a whole month to digest the value of that post. Thanks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 2:13am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm glad someone actually read all of that lol

:)

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 7:51am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last time I was there for a TD, Marvin was giving advice from ringside during a kickboxing sparring session (It was a Sat, could have been open mat). Is that usual?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 10:49am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That sparring session is around 1 PM or so. I don't get out of work until 4, but I'm literally around the block so I just run over there, hop on the mat, and attack whoever's still around.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 1:13pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your training regimin makes me look like the biggest ***** ever, suddenly judo twice a week is not nearly as satisfying as it was 2 minutes ago.

Continue to kick all the ass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 1:53pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congratulations and keep going at it!
    I'm all for more Sanda on MMA, best wishes of success! Cheers!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 10:10pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judojeff View Post
    Your training regimin makes me look like the biggest ***** ever, suddenly judo twice a week is not nearly as satisfying as it was 2 minutes ago.

Continue to kick all the ass.
    The downside to doing all of that is that it can be really hard to retain stuff. You kind of overflow and end up losing a lot of what you learn. In between fights, when I'm not training as hard or as much is when I actually ingrain new things, so there ain't nothing wrong with a couple of Judo sessions a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfskin View Post
    Congratulations and keep going at it!
    I'm all for more Sanda on MMA, best wishes of success! Cheers!
    Dude, I am dying to see more San Da in MMA! Tiezhang Quan or whatever his face is really let me down...

One of these days, I'll land a San Da catch + sweep in MMA. One day.

Posted On:
    9/29/2013 8:27pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Saw the vid on facebook for your match on the weekend, congrats on the win!
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

:)

Posted On:
    9/30/2013 6:25am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast