Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Posted On:
    4/14/2013 10:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Strikistanian appreciation thread

In short, Sometime Bully poster Strikistanian is a monster.

An avid martial arts student and throwdown vet turned ammy fighter (6-1), turned pro fighter (3-0), this young man works as hard or harder than anyone, and deserved his burgeoning success. I see Kin from time to time in Boston's transit system, and I can't for the life of me, remember the last time he didn't have bruises and such on his face, from training/competing.

He competes in Boxing, Grappling, and kickboxing, and is now 3-0 as a pro mma fighter.

Here's the footage of his last fight, from this past weekend. I'm working on a highlight, and will soon post other footage of him.

Show some love.

Redline isn't just a gym. It's very much a family, so if you love aliveness, and want to support your fellow Bullies, go and like RedlineFightSports on Facebook, and also Kin "Kong" Moy's FB page.

One of the co-owners, and several students/fighters/coaches are members here, so once again SHOW THE EFFING LOVE PEOPLE.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 5:58pm

Style: Cage Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Bobby! Forget those vids, though. Here's the HQ vid from fightstream.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 6:00pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For whatever reason, the link isnt showing...

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 7:41pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There you go big guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 9:33pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tHanks Omega!

Posted On:
    4/17/2013 11:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YEAH KIN!!!!

That was a great fight. You handled that barrage of takedowns with class, and then some.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/18/2013 12:15pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is a great example of where Bullshido fails. Here we have a 5.5 year member who has gone from nothing, to amateur to pro and no follow up?

Kin, I've been watching you since we met a few years ago. I'm seriously proud of you man.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2013 4:04pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very cool fight, dude. I liked the way you dealt with those takedowns a lot. It actually seemed like the other guy ended up in a worse position after taking you down most of the time. Good stuff, good striking. That barrage at about 11:00 looked a bit like a bad spot for a short time. Nice finish.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2013 8:32pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    This thread is a great example of where Bullshido fails. Here we have a 5.5 year member who has gone from nothing, to amateur to pro and no follow up?

Kin, I've been watching you since we met a few years ago. I'm seriously proud of you man.
    Much appreciated, Omega! I still remember you tapping me out six ways to Sunday in the grungy basement dungeon that Wai Kru once was. (Its way nicer and cleaner now.)

Its a real bummer I couldn't make it to the Mega that was held at Redline and I somehow missed that Friday you worked with Leo. Hopefully we'll run into each other again, and maybe I'll be able to actually present some sort of challenge when we roll now.

Azatdawn, thanks for watching! My coach really emphasizes striking consistently and wherever possible because it really makes it hard for the other guy to settle in to his game. I expected that he was going to take me down (albeit, not as easily or frequently as he actually did), but I intended to exhaust him by getting back up and wearing on him with strikes. I knew I would lose the first round, but I figured that he would tire somewhere in the second and I'd be able to steal that round and win the third decisively, if not finish him there. Luckily, an opportunity presented itself before then.

Posted On:
    4/18/2013 11:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah man. All this "oh martial martial stuff, and yet one we love, who has kicked punched and choked some of us can't get some BS adoration.

How many flames do the idiots get? Someone who does it exactly right can't be recognized?
    Yeah. That this thread isn't teaming with the regular posters congratulating you is messed up. Sticky plz.

Also...
    Moy: I dunno, I was trying to do...I saw it on youtube....
    holy crap

That's beyond awesome. You practically won the int3rnets.
    Priceless.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast