Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 3:15am

supporting member
     Style: Tang Soo Don't Retired

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry guys IMHO boxing is not as simple as it appears to be. Just too many variables. Duck and move. Slip and counter. Rope a dope. Keep your distance with your jab then attack. Throw a strait right then left hook to the head or body. So many options not just left to muscle memory.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 5:35am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    Fake is on the money, here, except that I do think that Hashiramas was right that over-thinking a lot about angels while boxing is a waste of time.

For example, whenever Oscar de la Hoya gets too caught up while sparring trying to figure out which of the four faces each cherub is said to have in Ezekial, Book I, is supposed to be facing the Mercy Seat in the golden figures of the cherubim Moses was told to place atop the Ark of the Covenant in Exodus, Book XXV, Canelo Alvarez (his sparring partner) really makes him pay for it.

And I think we all remember with a lump in our throat how the great Joe Louis's final fight, against Rocky Marciano, was tainted by their bitter running dispute in the ring over Descartes's speculation that an angel's mind might be directly aware of the physical states of its body caused by external objects rather than having sensory images as we do.
    Consider too, the infamous bout between Foucault and Sarte, when Michel argued that the depiction of insanity in the arts was humanity's method of expressing its division between its actual state, and its desired state, and Sarte responded by punching him in the dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 9:20am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atheistmantis View Post
    Oh boy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 10:34am

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Consider too, the infamous bout between Foucault and Sarte, when Michel argued that the depiction of insanity in the arts was humanity's method of expressing its division between its actual state, and its desired state, and Sarte responded by punching him in the dick.
    This is the subject of the novel "Foucault's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco. The "Pendulum" of the title is, in fact Foucaults cock. It's a cracking read.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2013 1:24am

supporting member
     Style: Tang Soo Don't Retired

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not really Germaine to this thread. Boxing does involve strategy perhaps not as much as much as BJJ still strategy none the less. I do love a good boxing match as much as any of the fighting arts. Do you?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2013 10:05am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atheistmantis View Post
    Not really Germaine to this thread. Boxing does involve strategy perhaps not as much as much as BJJ still strategy none the less. I do love a good boxing match as much as any of the fighting arts. Do you?
    The God damn Germans have nothing to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678