233154 Bullies, 3359 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 71 to 76 of 76
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. atheistmantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    446

    Posted On:
    5/06/2013 3:15am

    supporting member
     Style: Tang Soo Don't Retired

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry guys IMHO boxing is not as simple as it appears to be. Just too many variables. Duck and move. Slip and counter. Rope a dope. Keep your distance with your jab then attack. Throw a strait right then left hook to the head or body. So many options not just left to muscle memory.
  2. ermghoti is online now
    ermghoti's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,348

    Posted On:
    5/06/2013 5:35am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    Fake is on the money, here, except that I do think that Hashiramas was right that over-thinking a lot about angels while boxing is a waste of time.

    For example, whenever Oscar de la Hoya gets too caught up while sparring trying to figure out which of the four faces each cherub is said to have in Ezekial, Book I, is supposed to be facing the Mercy Seat in the golden figures of the cherubim Moses was told to place atop the Ark of the Covenant in Exodus, Book XXV, Canelo Alvarez (his sparring partner) really makes him pay for it.

    And I think we all remember with a lump in our throat how the great Joe Louis's final fight, against Rocky Marciano, was tainted by their bitter running dispute in the ring over Descartes's speculation that an angel's mind might be directly aware of the physical states of its body caused by external objects rather than having sensory images as we do.
    Consider too, the infamous bout between Foucault and Sarte, when Michel argued that the depiction of insanity in the arts was humanity's method of expressing its division between its actual state, and its desired state, and Sarte responded by punching him in the dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
  3. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,103

    Posted On:
    5/06/2013 9:20am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atheistmantis View Post
    Oh boy.
  4. Bezmond is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tianjin, China
    Posts
    407

    Posted On:
    5/06/2013 10:34am


     Style: Taijiquan, Karate

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Consider too, the infamous bout between Foucault and Sarte, when Michel argued that the depiction of insanity in the arts was humanity's method of expressing its division between its actual state, and its desired state, and Sarte responded by punching him in the dick.
    This is the subject of the novel "Foucault's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco. The "Pendulum" of the title is, in fact Foucaults cock. It's a cracking read.
  5. atheistmantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    446

    Posted On:
    5/07/2013 1:24am

    supporting member
     Style: Tang Soo Don't Retired

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not really Germaine to this thread. Boxing does involve strategy perhaps not as much as much as BJJ still strategy none the less. I do love a good boxing match as much as any of the fighting arts. Do you?
  6. ermghoti is online now
    ermghoti's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,348

    Posted On:
    5/08/2013 10:05am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atheistmantis View Post
    Not really Germaine to this thread. Boxing does involve strategy perhaps not as much as much as BJJ still strategy none the less. I do love a good boxing match as much as any of the fighting arts. Do you?
    The God damn Germans have nothing to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.