Page 6 of 49 First ... 234567891016 ... Last
  1. #51
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,058
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    Hey Asia, remember when you thought being trans* was a psychological disorder and then Rivington threw you through a wall with nothing but his dick, leaving a you-shaped outline?
    Ok, that's the funniest thing I've read in a while.

  2. #52
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,455
    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    Even if we accepted gender dysphoria's pathologization (I don't), it'd be classified as a psychiatric, not a psychological condition. Evidence strongly suggests that GD is rooted in the structure of the individual's brain, and thus probably genetic.

    http://cercor.oxfordjournals.org/content/18/8/1900
    http://www.nature.com/nature/journal.../378068a0.html
    http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/cont...1/12/3132.full
    http://cercor.oxfordjournals.org/con...1/11/2525.full

    I agree completely. It is genetic. People with this problem are less likely to reproduce, and are therefore genetically inferior. It's one of nature's many mechanisms for weeding out the weak.

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I agree completely. It is genetic. People with this problem are less likely to reproduce, and are therefore genetically inferior. It's one of nature's many mechanisms for weeding out the weak.
    The species has been around for hundreds of millenia. How many generations would this weeding-out process take?

  4. #54
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,455
    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    The species has been around for hundreds of millenia. How many generations would this weeding-out process take?
    Evolution never ceases and neither does the existence of mutations and genetic flaws. Every species will always contains members that are too weak to survive and reproduce.

  5. #55
    In the blackest moment of a dying world, what have you become? supporting member
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,477
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Evolution never ceases and neither does the existence of mutations and genetic flaws. Every species will always contains members that are too weak to survive and reproduce.
    This argument is flawed, human survival isn't dependent on evolution like that of other species, and TG people can in fact reproduce with the help of science.

  6. #56
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,455
    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    This argument is flawed, human survival isn't dependent on evolution like that of other species, and TG people can in fact reproduce with the help of science.
    No, the argument is not flawed. Of course human survival is dependent on evolution. I thought you were some kind of science nerd. Just because we feed all the poor third worlders at the moment doesn't mean evolution isn't occurring.

    Yes, he-shes can reproduce but they're less likely than normal heterosexual folks. Come on, bro. That's basic.

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    250
    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Evolution never ceases and neither does the existence of mutations and genetic flaws. Every species will always contains members that are too weak to survive and reproduce.
    IIRC she has a child... so I guess your version doesn't work ;)

  8. #58
    Hedgehogey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,330
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh this is too cute. Devil got his understanding of evolutionary science from Hot Topic t-shirts.


    "The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

    RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

    THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

    It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

  9. #59
    In the blackest moment of a dying world, what have you become? supporting member
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,477
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    No, the argument is not flawed. Of course human survival is dependent on evolution. I thought you were some kind of science nerd. Just because we feed all the poor third worlders at the moment doesn't mean evolution isn't occurring.
    Evolution is occurring but it's not the primary mover of what humans will survive or won't survive to pass on their genetics.

    Evolution stopped being as useful for humans as for other species when we developed a neocortex and understood the cause and effect relationship like the one that creates fire, and from there the human brain was able to overcome all sorts of natural challenges without having to wait for evolution.

    Evolution takes a far longer time to add a single limb than everything humans have built in the last 10,000 years combined.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Yes, he-shes can reproduce but they're less likely than normal heterosexual folks. Come on, bro. That's basic.
    But it's a choice. Instead of relying on evolution (which occurs over many millenia) or fate, a human can choose whether they want to pass their genetics off.

    So, your argument might have held water in 10,000 BC, if not 2013. TG genetics might have died out back then.

    Yet they didn't, and here they are, leading me to the scientific conclusion TG genetics are resilient to the passage of time and many, many generations.

  10. #60
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,455
    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by franginho View Post
    IIRC she has a child... so I guess your version doesn't work ;)
    No, her having a child has no impact on my point. My version works because I live in the good ole' U.S. of A. It's not like your lesser America. See, I had the benefit of proper education. It's called Biology. I made A's in it. I know in Brazil biology class consists of watching your parents have sex, but that's not the way it is where I live.

Page 6 of 49 First ... 234567891016 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO