Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374344454647 4849 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/27/2013 11:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Yeah, how would Fallon fair in the same weight class in the men's competition?

Honest answer?
    She would most likely get destroyed. She would be facing stronger faster more aggressive opponents. Most likey as a result in the different levels of testorone.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/28/2013 10:28pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    She would most likely get destroyed. She would be facing stronger faster more aggressive opponents. Most likey as a result in the different levels of testorone.
    And you saw no difference in muscle mass between the two during the fight? Fallon had many years to put on muscle mass. How many years of female hormones, I don't know, but muscle doesn't drop off overnight, especially if a person is consistent with their exercise regimen.

We can agree to disagree.

Posted On:
    7/23/2013 8:43am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm far from an expert on the medical role of hormones in TG issues, but I was just thinking:

If a guy want's a physical advantage he takes steroids to gain mass/strength/etc.

If this guy/girl reduced the amount of estrogen he/she was taking would that allow him/her to gain mass? Would he/she able to reap a physical benefit simply by NOT taking a medication?

:)

Posted On:
    10/15/2013 11:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, Fox got KTFO in her last fight. How does that affect everyone's feelings about her?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/15/2013 11:45pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    So, Fox got KTFO in her last fight. How does that affect everyone's feelings about her?
    I still think he's gross.

Posted On:
    10/16/2013 1:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the heads-up, Bob. I watched the gifs and am looking for video. The fight appears from the gifs to feature some solid back-and-forth in the striking, but Fallon got the messy end of the stick in the grappling game.

I have some concerns about transgender fighters in MMA, but the hateful, ignorant commentary here on Bullshido has made me more pro-Fallon.

Posted On:
    10/16/2013 5:01am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watched the fight. Fallon's wrestling was good but Evans-Smith's was better. Fallon showed strong basic striking and a well-conditioned kick catch. She looked strong on offense and seemed to either lose steam or lack game when on the defensive. Evans-Smith demonstrated dynamic grappling, excellent takedowns, good cardio, and solid striking in the ground game.

Does this fight say anything about policy re: trans fighters in MMA? No, not really. It was just a good fight: a great match-up and a great display of athleticism by both fighters.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2013 6:44am

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    Watched the fight. Fallon's wrestling was good but Evans-Smith's was better. Fallon showed strong basic striking and a well-conditioned kick catch. She looked strong on offense and seemed to either lose steam or lack game when on the defensive. Evans-Smith demonstrated dynamic grappling, excellent takedowns, good cardio, and solid striking in the ground game.

Does this fight say anything about policy re: trans fighters in MMA? No, not really. It was just a good fight: a great match-up and a great display of athleticism by both fighters.
    It is just one fight, but I suppose folks could look at this as an indication that Fox doesn't have an overwhelming physical advantage...sounds like it was a good fight. I didn't hear any of the pre-fight hype/build-up...how tough was this opponent supposed to be?

Posted On:
    10/16/2013 7:12am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keslet View Post
    It is just one fight, but I suppose folks could look at this as an indication that Fox doesn't have an overwhelming physical advantage...sounds like it was a good fight. I didn't hear any of the pre-fight hype/build-up...how tough was this opponent supposed to be?
    It has been described as an "upset" in post-fight analysis but I wasn't reading nor can I find pre-fight predictions. Evans-Smith has a (now) 2-0 pro record and a 5-4 ammy record.

To me, in this fight, Fallon appeared to be the slightly stronger and somewhat more explosive fighter, but also seemed to lack conditioning. One fighter being stronger than the other is, of course, not unusual in any MMA match-up.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2013 8:30am

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    It has been described as an "upset" in post-fight analysis but I wasn't reading nor can I find pre-fight predictions. Evans-Smith has a (now) 2-0 pro record and a 5-4 ammy record.

To me, in this fight, Fallon appeared to be the slightly stronger and somewhat more explosive fighter, but also seemed to lack conditioning. One fighter being stronger than the other is, of course, not unusual in any MMA match-up.
    5-4 as an amateur and only 2nd pro fight? I wouldn't think this would be a top of the food chain opponent then (could be wrong), and Fox still lost...that does make the argument a bit stronger for Fox to be fighting in that division IMHO...