218277 Bullies, 7584 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 201 to 210 of 481
Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 2223242531 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Antifa is offline
    Antifa's Avatar

    Sin Dios! Sin amos!

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    YSO
    Posts
    1,203

    Points
    2,191
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

    Posted On:
    4/18/2013 2:06pm

    supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Why? This bullshit poker game of double bluff science degree aside.

    How much fucking science do you need to argue that having the state of mind to cut of your genitals (which disables your ability to procreate) is not a positive boon for evolution/natural selection/Darwishnism/You can't have children,OK ?
    And there is the basic problem with the argument. Evolution for humans is a team sport.
  2. TheMightyMcClaw is offline
    TheMightyMcClaw's Avatar

    MADE OF STEEL!

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    3,379

    Points
    8,581
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    4/18/2013 2:08pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu Swordfighting

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I have to admit I am kind of curious as to what life sciences Devil elected to take?

    As I have a Bachelor's of Science

    My only life science credits would be from the physical anthropology course I took. I would hardly say that it gives me an upper hand on this discussion.

    Now if we were talking Math, Physics, Computers, CAD/CAM or Electricity...
    Me too. It's a shame we'll never find out.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.
  3. Hedgehogey is offline
    Hedgehogey's Avatar

    Tsun-Derrorist

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,330

    Points
    10,644
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    4/18/2013 2:09pm

    supporting member
     Style: ^_^

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quite a bit. Again, that's because modern evolutionary theory doesn't support your argument. It's not what you want it to be.


    "The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

    RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

    THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

    It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children
  4. Hedgehogey is offline
    Hedgehogey's Avatar

    Tsun-Derrorist

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,330

    Points
    10,644
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    4/18/2013 2:12pm

    supporting member
     Style: ^_^

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The other thing Devil has to prove (and never will) is that you can derive a moral argument (and make no mistake, he's making one) from evolutionary science (the 'facts of the world' fallacy). In other words, he has to defend social darwinism, a project he knows is impossible, one of the reasons he's puffing himself up like a starling over maybe having gotten through college.


    "The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

    RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

    THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

    It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children
  5. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,366

    Points
    16,726
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Champion

    Posted On:
    4/18/2013 2:15pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What does this "evolutionary advantage" discussion have to do with Fallon Fox fighting, by the way?
  6. Rock Ape is offline
    Rock Ape's Avatar

    Watch and Shoot !

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,125

    Points
    28,329
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second Class1 year registeredCreated Album picturesTagger Second Class

    Posted On:
    4/18/2013 2:18pm

    staff
     

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Now if we were talking Math, Physics, Computers, CAD/CAM or Electricity...
    I can use a calculator, Understand that what goes up-must come down, I own a computer with AutoCad installed and got electrocuted once. Does that count?

    True story on the electrocution, I ended up dead.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

    ~Ella Wheeler
  7. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,362

    Points
    13,358
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsTagger First Class

    Posted On:
    4/18/2013 2:19pm

    supporting member
     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I've got a BA in anthropology from SDSU and I think Devil is full of **** here, but I haven't been posting here since I said my peace in that other stupid thread.
    You're not giving me much to argue with here, other than you think I'm wrong. That's fine.

    Let's discuss another aspect of education and the sciences. Let's talk about the liberal influence on the college curriculum. For whatever reason, some of the most biased professors I ever encountered in college were in the sciences.

    I was "taught" by various science professors that Ronald Reagan was the worst President ever, that Jimmy Carter was a so-so President but a great ex-President. That the world is destined to go straight down the shitter if we don't litter the countryside with windmills. The list goes on and on.

    Now, I'm not going to sit here and tell a person with a degree in anthropology that they don't have more knowlege regarding the sciences than I do. But I wonder if you would also be willing to acknowledge that the vast majority of college professors wouldn't dare say anything to indicate one person may have genetic advantages over another - even if they knew it to be true? Partially because of fear of the professional consequences and partially because they're often very left leaning. What do you think?
  8. TheMightyMcClaw is offline
    TheMightyMcClaw's Avatar

    MADE OF STEEL!

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    3,379

    Points
    8,581
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    4/18/2013 2:23pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu Swordfighting

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You're not giving me much to argue with here, other than you think I'm wrong. That's fine.

    Let's discuss another aspect of education and the sciences. Let's talk about the liberal influence on the college curriculum. For whatever reason, some of the most biased professors I ever encountered in college were in the sciences.

    I was "taught" by various science professors that Ronald Reagan was the worst President ever, that Jimmy Carter was a so-so President but a great ex-President. That the world is destined to go straight down the shitter if we don't litter the countryside with windmills. The list goes on and on.

    Now, I'm not going to sit here and tell a person with a degree in anthropology that they don't have more knowlege regarding the sciences than I do. But I wonder if you would also be willing to acknowledge that the vast majority of college professors wouldn't dare say anything to indicate one person may have genetic advantages over another - even if they knew it to be true? Partially because of fear of the professional consequences and partially because they're often very left leaning. What do you think?
    Bwwaaaaaahahahahahahahaaha
    aaaaaah hahahahaha
    *wipes tears from eye*
    Oh my god, I think the last person I heard use that argument was Rick Santorum.

    Aaaaaahahahahaha
    Oh Devil, you delightful boilerplate stereotype, you.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.
  9. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,362

    Points
    13,358
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsTagger First Class

    Posted On:
    4/18/2013 2:25pm

    supporting member
     

    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Bwwaaaaaahahahahahahahaaha
    aaaaaah hahahahaha
    *wipes tears from eye*
    Oh my god, I think the last person I heard use that argument was Rick Santorum.

    Aaaaaahahahahaha
    Oh Devil, you delightful boilerplate stereotype, you.
    Shhh. The big boys are talking now.
  10. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,362

    Points
    13,358
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsTagger First Class

    Posted On:
    4/18/2013 2:27pm

    supporting member
     

    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    he has to defend social darwinism
    Why on Earth would I have to do that? Because you think I should?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.