Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 3:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ryukyu/Japanese Bujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Classical Muay Thai Training at the Hebb Institute.

Anyone from Maryland ever heard of the Hebb Institute of Martial Arts (Silat, Kali, Wing Chun, Jeet Kune Do, Muay Thai) well I'm curious about the Thai Boxing training they teach there. Truth is I'm studying Karate and between you and me, I hate it. In Virginia our Thai Boxing classes only teach basic technique (without Mai Mae, Luk Mai, Kon Muay & Cherang) so it's not really authentic. Anyway The fact that I have no drivers licence because of my condition my Grand-dad is always finding some excuse keep me on my karate training. And no matter how much I try to convince him about that Studio he sometimes says "stick with Karate and forget about that other stuff." It pisses me off sometimes because I'm a huge fan of Southeast Asian Martial Arts. In other words I'm fed up with Karate. I never tried Old School Muay Thai training but now I know there's a place in Maryland I just want to quit Karate and move on to that. Muay Thai ftw!
    Last edited by Shorin-ken; 4/07/2013 3:47pm at .

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 4:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's been a long time since I trained any MT, and I know nothing about the MT scene in Maryland, but as a rule of thumb you should steer clear of MT places that go on about being "Old School". It's usually a gimmick to bring people who think Ong Bak is an authentic representation of Thai martial arts.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/08/2013 8:06am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorin-ken View Post
    Anyone from Maryland ever heard of the Hebb Institute of Martial Arts (Silat, Kali, Wing Chun, Jeet Kune Do, Muay Thai) well I'm curious about the Thai Boxing training they teach there. Truth is I'm studying Karate and between you and me, I hate it. In Virginia our Thai Boxing classes only teach basic technique (without Mai Mae, Luk Mai, Kon Muay & Cherang) so it's not really authentic. Anyway The fact that I have no drivers licence because of my condition my Grand-dad is always finding some excuse keep me on my karate training. And no matter how much I try to convince him about that Studio he sometimes says "stick with Karate and forget about that other stuff." It pisses me off sometimes because I'm a huge fan of Southeast Asian Martial Arts. In other words I'm fed up with Karate. I never tried Old School Muay Thai training but now I know there's a place in Maryland I just want to quit Karate and move on to that. Muay Thai ftw!
    I just heard of them recently, but have not actually trained with them nor know anyone training with them. The instructor lists his instructors, but does not say how much time he spent with them & how much actual training he received, or if he ever competed in Muay Thai.

He may be able to give you a good workout & teach you decent Muay Thai-based self-defense skills, but without a school competition record, it may not be of benefit if you're looking to compete.

Posted On:
    4/08/2013 8:26am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will say this. His web design sucks.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    4/08/2013 5:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i just want to know if OP is going to post again in the other crappy threads that he started, cause right now he is a one post and run away type poster. wtf?

troll or high school kid? both?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    4/09/2013 7:51am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i just want to know if OP is going to post again in the other crappy threads that he started, cause right now he is a one post and run away type poster. wtf?

troll or high school kid? both?
    Definitely high school kid. I'm not getting the troll vibe...yet.