Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 1:08am

Style: Lung Ying Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Touche Rabbit... touche.. (go ahead and rip on me for not messing with ASCII codes..)

I apologize to everyone that this thread turned into a bitchfest between W. Rabbit and myself.

I also can't help but feel a little bad for my original post in this thread. I made a quick observation based solely on a glance at the website. Regardless, I meant no offense by anything I said. I was just having a little fun. Jesus, I'm talking like this guy is dead or something.

I feel that I have directly contributed to the death of this thread, and for that, I apologize.

You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 1:27am

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DimmedSum View Post
    Touche Rabbit... touche.. (go ahead and rip on me for not messing with ASCII codes..)
    What is ASCII?

I apologize to everyone that this thread turned into a bitchfest between W. Rabbit and myself.
    No it didn't.

I also can't help but feel a little bad for my original post in this thread. I made a quick observation based solely on a glance at the website. Regardless, I meant no offense by anything I said. I was just having a little fun. Jesus, I'm talking like this guy is dead or something.
    Please...don't make me make a Karate Kyle meme about you too.

I feel that I have directly contributed to the death of this thread, and for that, I apologize.
    Never apologize for being you, did you not say that? Again, failure to follow your own advice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 2:03am

Style: Lung Ying Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ASCII is.. wait.. I can't tell if you are just fucking with me at this point or not. Its 3am here, I'm going to bed. Don't hate me for being me and I won't hate you for being you.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 7:13am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I realize my grammar is not perfect. I didn't realize I was writing an essay for AP English class. I'm sorry I have been posting more these days. I believe, I still post less than you do. We have both contributed to some interesting conversations (past CMA stuff) and ultimately I do have respect for you. If you have an issue with me personally, feel free to PM me or start a DimmedSum Sucks thread (I would be honored.) Let's stop bickering in a thread that has nothing to do with us.
    AP English Class? My kids are in an AP English class and that is EXACTLY how you write. In other words, yes, you should write better.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 7:18am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shut the **** up.

Shut the **** up.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would anyone that's not in highschool reference "AP English class" as shorthand for "high level well thought out writing"?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 12:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, still nowt from G.Henshaw..

Gary, if you are following this thread ( such as it is ) we are still none the wiser re your style. Your email response let us know how you felt about the thread but hasn't given us anything that wasn't already on your website. Hopefully you are still up for clarifying ? Here's a few easy ones for starters:

You said you could provide the lineage for the Chu'an Fa Tang Gar would you care to share?
    Is the style classified as 'Northern' Mantis or 'Southern'? I am interested as South Mantis is a style I studied in some depth, I am however ignorant of 'Northern' Mantis.

Do you teach the CMA as distinct from the JMA? As was noted above they are often very different approaches and your styles name would suggest some merging of both.

As far as I am aware 'Atemi' is a term and method in many different styles of JMA, could you explain the seperate ranking you hold in it and why it is listed as if its a style in its own right?

Thanks for your time.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 12:40pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh...rank in Atemi...

Heh...rank in Atemi...

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 12:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    Heh...rank in Atemi...

Heh...rank in Atemi...

Indeed, very odd.

Do I have to be staff or bald to get my own echo chamber? Cos if bald im there already..
    Last edited by Resonance10; 4/26/2013 12:53pm at . Reason: Poor phrasing..

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 1:52pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Dale Dugas Herbs: The Best Chinese Herbs & The Best Jow for the Best Price! Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Neither of the two men pictured on the website in question are to be viewed as anything other than what has been said about them.

Why not stay with one art and learn all that it has to offer before jumping on the old "hey I am so bright" that I am going to make a new martial art based on all the bits and pieces I have picked up from books and videos and obviously unscrupulous teachers who took my money and convinced me that I am now a deadly martial arts master killer/ninja/wombat.

You would not say Chuan Fa Tang Gar. But Tang Gar Chuan Fa. Tang Family Fist Methods would be the translation. Not Fist Methods Tang Family. But again with the made up lineage, how are they to know that many people out in the real world know how to read and write and speak Chinese, Japanese, etc.

You put up crap on the net, you deserve to take the abuse.

So put up or shut up. Its about results and from what we see on that site, nothing they have is going to prepare you for anything other than getting killed on the street if not in their school where they teach this hodgepodge of poop.
    Last edited by Mor Sao; 4/26/2013 1:55pm at . Reason: bad grammar

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast