Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/28/2013 9:39am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Weird...that's not really the tit sin kuen or it's a demo version with other stuff mixed in from the gung gi kuen.

Normally the iron wire is not done nearly that fast. It's not good for you.
    Agreed. I think whoever uploaded it titled it wrong. Its Gung Gi Kuen abbreviated as I said and 'peformed' rather than 'practiced' it is also done differently in public than for training.

Here are some of Jim's students getting help from Liu Chia Liang:

Last edited by Resonance10; 4/28/2013 9:49am at . Reason: misspelt the pop's name..

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/28/2013 9:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crab View Post
    I found that Andy crittenden video:

6th dan too! Does this part of the uk have ANY genuine martial artists?

*edit, Resonance is there a video in your post above? It's not showing up on my phone... If it's a double post feel free to delete this..
    There is a vid yes, I can't delete your posts! Mod's may be able to but I don't think they ever do.

Posted On:
    4/28/2013 9:55am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What exactly are you developing with "Iron Wire"?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/28/2013 10:12am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Lot's of things..
    It superficially looks like 'dynamic tension' excercises but is dare I say deeper than that.
    It trains types of power release and 'iron body' skills, the different 'bridges' of Hung Gar and the so called 'internal' strength related to 5 element theory of different 'gings'. How to combine the 'hard' and 'soft' aspects of the style.

If he cares to WRabbit will explain it better/correct me. I stopped practicing Hung Gar just short of going properly into this form. All this is making me nostalgic..I miss it.

Posted On:
    4/28/2013 10:26am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    Lot's of things..
    It superficially looks like 'dynamic tension' excercises but is dare I say deeper than that.
    It trains types of power release and 'iron body' skills, the different 'bridges' of Hung Gar and the so called 'internal' strength related to 5 element theory of different 'gings'. How to combine the 'hard' and 'soft' aspects of the style.

If he cares to WRabbit will explain it better/correct me. I stopped practicing Hung Gar just short of going properly into this form. All this is making me nostalgic..I miss it.
    Interesting, thanks. I spotted the dynamic tension stuff, similar to Sanchin from the Okinawan styles, but there's a bunch of stuff going on there that I didn't get.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/28/2013 10:53am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting, thanks. I spotted the dynamic tension stuff, similar to Sanchin from the Okinawan styles, but there's a bunch of stuff going on there that I didn't get.
    Yes there are similarities with what's going on in Sanchin. I think a difference is that in TidSin the power is released and expressd more than with what i have seen of Sanchin where they look to me to be almost fighting themselves to the point of going red with the effort. Tid Sin is less forced in that way, the breath must work with the technique so going red would be doing it wrong.

Here's a vid from a South Mantis 9 Chow Gar ) stylist which has more in common with Sanchin. As with all these forms of course different people practice and emphasise certain aspects according to their own needs and understanding.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    4/28/2013 11:32am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This.

Seriously though Hung Ga has only four core sets, Iron Wire is the last and most "internal". It's similar to qigong, performed a lot slower than the other sets. With the proper breathing, tension, and coordination and the continual addition of weighted rings, it becomes quite the workout.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 4/28/2013 11:43am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 1:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Posted on his profile. Come on Gary, I see you were online earlier. Just explain your style and history, and then this thread won't be quite as damning of your style...

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 4:52pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You've seen nothing yet. I've been looking into the ASMAA-SDF that Tang Lang Kung Jutsu and their grades are are now "recognized" by.

I for one would not want to be recognized by or associated with anything like what you are about to see, except for the metal riff. That's the only redeeming part of this video.

Without further ado...I present "Street Jitsu"

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 6:09pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Judo, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    You've seen nothing yet. I've been looking into the ASMAA-SDF that Tang Lang Kung Jutsu and their grades are are now "recognized" by.

I for one would not want to be recognized by or associated with anything like what you are about to see, except for the metal riff. That's the only redeeming part of this video.

Without further ado...I present "Street Jitsu"

This guy reminds me of Tom Patire... except he's British, fat and (somehow) even more full of ****.