Sponsored Links Spacer Image

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 7:55am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also if anyone who speaks good Russian could tell me what's supposed to be going on with the guy at the end who I think is described as an "American investigative journalist", that would be cool.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 7:56am

Style: Satanist and BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post

The whole point of his demo was that you get more focused and perform better as it becomes a high stakes situation. Do you agree with this? Because your recommendation kills that point.
    You get more focused yes, and generally will perform better or fail harder. Hopefully as you train you will tend towards the former. I agree, no resistance in the video although still quite a bit of danger, I believe an expert can tell if the rounds are live, due to the discharge and flash(?). Training with airsoft you can increase the intensity and resistance without going nutz on the danger - I would compare a decent gas powered bb to getting hit with sparring gloves, well different type of pain but the idea is to feel it without getting seriously hurt. I hear that metal bb's can penetrate the skin but not seen that first hand. ALWAYS ALWAYS do that training in an enclosed space where everyone is wearing decent eye protection, and if there are widows - shut the curtains so no one calls the police... on that note, carry the gun in a locked boot/trunk of your car with a signed letter from your trainer explaining why u are carrying it.

ps: ;)

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 8:04am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So basically I think it safe to conclude that you don't know anything about the video, and you don't know anything about handling firearms safely.

Do you actually know anything about Systema or are you just parroting bits and pieces you've seen in youtube comments?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 8:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    So basically I think it safe to conclude that you don't know anything about the video, and you don't know anything about handling firearms safely.

Do you actually know anything about Systema or are you just parroting bits and pieces you've seen in youtube comments?
    I don't work with firearms professionally but have shot rifles and shotguns a fair bit. Handguns were out lawed in the uk because of dunblane just as I got into shooting so not used them. Defo not an expert tho.
    As for systema I hold a leather belt in trouser retention, but if any experienced systema practitioners want to comment on my posts I welcome the input. I'm starting MMA and bjj soon so hope to get to a uk throwdown at some point... 6 months or so?

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 9:09am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about you stick to informing people about subjects you are informed on yourself. That would rule out Systema.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 9:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    How about you stick to informing people about subjects you are informed on yourself. That would rule out Systema.
    Don't worry mate it's only BS Russian aikido anyway, not as tho you can hurt anyone with it ;)

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 9:39am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscape View Post
    Don't worry mate it's only BS Russian aikido anyway, not as tho you can hurt anyone with it ;)
    Doesn't make you any less of a shithead.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 10:14am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Doesn't make you any less of a shithead.
    The power of your argument has overwhelmed me, but at least my urban camo onesie hides the tracks of my tears.
    On the level tho, why do you say that? Just wondering.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 10:19am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscape View Post
    The power of your argument has overwhelmed me, but at least my urban camo onesie hides the tracks of my tears.
    On the level tho, why do you say that? Just wondering.
    Your opinion is weighted by your level of experience in the subject matter.
    You have shown underwhelming evidence of experience in both your comments and your answers re your experience.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 10:33am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    If you are going to whine about how the mean grown-ups pick on poor widdle you and Systema for compliant training & demonstrations but never say a word about all of the other martial arts that use compliant training, YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO DO IT ON A WEBSITE THAT HAS BEEN RIPPING ALL THE COMPLIANT-TRAINING MAs TO SHREDS SINCE ITS INCEPTION, you half-witted, mouth-breathing dumbshit.

Try looking at any of the threads discussing Aikido, for a start. In fact, since you like to tell people to read a book (as though most of the members here haven't read more on the martial arts than you have read altogether), how about you read a couple hundred threads here before you post again, so that you see why you should drop the attitude and so that you stop saying things that make your ignorance so spectacularly evident.
    I think you misunderstand what he's arguing there. He's not saying that there are other compliant arts so give systema a break. He's saying that systema, unlike other arts, IS NOT a compliant art so its not fair to compare it to one. In a sense, he's right: most of systema's drills are not by-rote techniques like kempo or aikido, where one guy attacks and one guy defends in a totally predetermined way. Systema drills are like sparring matches with weird rules. So, I sort of agree with him on that. The problem is that he's mixing up "choreographed" and "compliant". Systema is an art that is both unchoreographed and compliant- even though you aren't following a prearranged script, you're moving slowly and contorting your body flacidly when struck or grappled to avoid tension. Its a weird bag of stuff.
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast