Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 4:46am

Style: Satanist and BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Which guy? Use your words.

The history of systema is very spotty. First of all it was supposed to be Teutonic Knights, then that got called out, so they switched to the stripy t-shirts and claimed the cold-war stuff.
    'This guy' referring to the instructor doing the live ammo disarms and the psychological work at the end. Not sure who he is, but I will try and find out. The clip comes from a Russian doc on spetz but I don't speak Russian and I don't believe he is credited.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 5:34am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscape View Post
    'This guy' referring to the instructor doing the live ammo disarms and the psychological work at the end. Not sure who he is, but I will try and find out. The clip comes from a Russian doc on spetz but I don't speak Russian and I don't believe he is credited.
    A systema guy says that systema is effective...

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 5:43am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The clip comes from a Russian doc on spetz but I don't speak Russian and I don't believe he is credited.
    Wait, you don't even fucking know what is going on in the video! Jesus wept!

It sounds like the name of the instructor is Alexander Lavrov.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 6:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 6:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A systema guy says that systema is effective...
    Putting your life on the line in a demo is a little more than saying its effective. Although the guy holding the gun is **** scared and is clearly not trying to kill the instructor, so I would say this is a very dangerous situation and a good test of technique but does not have any of the intent of a deadly assault.
    I would recommend trying similar situations with a decent metal semi auto air soft replica and eye protection, as u get better move from baggy clothing to bare chest and plastic to metal bb's. that way the attacker can have the intent to shoot you. DO NOT **** ABOUT WITH REAL GUNS!!!!

On hiatus

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 6:33am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aaaaaaand... Iscape is an idiot.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 6:48am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Putting your life on the line in a demo is a little more than saying its effective.
    Actually that stunt (assuming the rounds were live, which I find unlikely) doesn't make any statement about the effectiveness of Systema.
    I would recommend trying similar situations with a decent metal semi auto air soft replica and eye protection, as u get better move from baggy clothing to bare chest and plastic to metal bb's. that way the attacker can have the intent to shoot you. DO NOT **** ABOUT WITH REAL GUNS!!!!
    Why would I want to do this?

On hiatus

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 7:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Putting your life on the line in a demo is a little more than saying its effective.
    He isn't putting his life anymore on the line than a chef trusting an assistant with a pot of boiling water.

Although the guy holding the gun is **** scared and is clearly not trying to kill the instructor, so I would say this is a very dangerous situation and a good test of technique but does not have any of the intent of a deadly assault.
    No, it isn't. There is zero resistance. The only danger is if the compliant partner accidentally pulls the trigger. A good test would be if the partner increases resistance. Putting ammo in the gun doesn't show ****.

The whole point of his demo was that you get more focused and perform better as it becomes a high stakes situation. Do you agree with this? Because your recommendation kills that point.

Oh and this:

Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 4/07/2013 7:23am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 7:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually that stunt (assuming the rounds were live, which I find unlikely) doesn't make any statement about the effectiveness of Systema.

Why would I want to do this?
    I mean make your own judgement to the effectiveness of systema, but I have seen several different systema people use similar movements in gun disarming work and have tried it myself, as I said with an opponent who was trying to control me with the threat of being shot with an airsoft gun if they perceived me to be 'messing about'. Its defo not the same as having a real gun or live blade pointed at you sure, but it sucks enough when u get hit to make u think about it a bit :) Be careful with fingers in trigger guards, it is very easy to snap them that way.

As to your question... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers
    Just a small list of the situations where people may have found themselves having to act or face death. Still thankfully quite rare in the UK but on the increase.
    Aside from any possible RL application I found this type of work to be a great aid in understanding my own adrenaline and fear responses. As with all systema drills they are not 'how to' techniques instructing you how to react in set situations, just training aids to improve perception, movement and sensitivity. Your life is your own and it is always up to you how you make judgements on how to react in any given situation.

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 7:50am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean make your own judgement to the effectiveness of systema,
    OK judging by the random video that you have posted, which you admit you don't even understand, in which a guy pantomimes taking a gun off an assailant then attacks people with telekinesis, I do not judge it's effectiveness very highly.
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast