Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2013 6:09am

Style: Satanist and BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    It's been posted before but warrants a repost. It pretty much illustrates why Systema sucks.
    Sorry fella, all that really illustrates is why he sucks at Systema... Well that's a bit harsh actually, I'm guessing he has not done a lot of sparring before in systema or another style and I'm not sure what rules they had agreed to.
    The stupid fixed grin tells me he has a lot of tension in his face and neck and that usually comes from a kinda mental block where he is not clear in his mind about the outcome he is aiming for. This shows in the lack of intent in his moves and the flailing strikes with no real weight to them. It's like he is thinking "what should a systema guy sparring look like" rather than just commiting to the win and trying to make sure no one gets serioulsy hurt. We have a guy who is just grading for his kick boxing black belt and only been to a couple of systema sessions so I will see if he is up for some sparring on film.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/11/2013 6:28am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny how Systema fails and it's do to him really sucking at it. Regardless of what you say there has not been anything presented that you or any other Systema guy would do better.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2013 6:45am

Style: Satanist and BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny how Systema fails and it's do to him really sucking at it. Regardless of what you say there has not been anything presented that you or any other Systema guy would do better.
    http://www.systemaromania.ro/index_en.html

Looks like this guy was a certified Systema instructor when that vid was uploaded so I would have expected a little more from him tbh. I notice he hasn't posted that one on the vids section of his website tho :) He might be at Vlad's next Europe seminar, so will ask him about it myself, seems like a friendly chap.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2013 6:48am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscape View Post
    The stupid fixed grin tells me he has a lot of tension in his face and neck and that usually comes from a kinda mental block where he is not clear in his mind about the outcome he is aiming for.
    Interesting. I think I remember Systema guys explaining the grin as a typical Systema... uhm... technique? Wait, they don't have those, as I have just learned... well, the Systema way to stay relaxed during a fight. Is there anything to that?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2013 6:52am

Style: Escrima n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry fella, all that really illustrates is why he sucks at Systema... Well that's a bit harsh actually, I'm guessing he has not done a lot of sparring before in systema or another style and I'm not sure what rules they had agreed to.
    The stupid fixed grin tells me he has a lot of tension in his face and neck and that usually comes from a kinda mental block where he is not clear in his mind about the outcome he is aiming for. This shows in the lack of intent in his moves and the flailing strikes with no real weight to them. It's like he is thinking "what should a systema guy sparring look like" rather than just commiting to the win and trying to make sure no one gets serioulsy hurt. We have a guy who is just grading for his kick boxing black belt and only been to a couple of systema sessions so I will see if he is up for some sparring on film.
    Sorry if this has been answered in a previous post, but I was wondering if you've completed any classes in Jiu Jistu/the other styles you'd mentioned, and how you found they compared with your Systema experience?

Posted On:
    4/11/2013 7:09am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm waiting for when it clicks and he realises that there is a finite number of times where you can say, "oh no, it's not Systema that sucks, it's THAT guy that sucks".
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    4/11/2013 7:47am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I'm waiting for when it clicks and he realises that there is a finite number of times where you can say, "oh no, it's not Systema that sucks, it's THAT guy that sucks".
    Can we get betting on whether that number is lower or greater than the total number of systema practitioners worldwide?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Can we get betting on whether that number is lower or greater than the total number of systema practitioners worldwide?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2013 8:07am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm guessing he has not done a lot of sparring before in systema
    No kidding. Systema doesn't generally feature sparring, ergo, Systema practitioners without outside experience suck at fighting. We keep saying this.

Looks like this guy was a certified Systema instructor when that vid was uploaded so I would have expected a little more from him tbh.
    That's almost exactly what I would have expected.

Edited for dafuq
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

:)

Posted On:
    4/11/2013 10:18am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sucks at Systema, or sucks because of it?

The stupid fixed grin tells me he has a lot of tension in his face and neck and that usually comes from a kinda mental block where he is not clear in his mind about the outcome he is aiming for.
    I thought it was the embarrassment of using the googley arms technique (and failing) on someone who can actually strike decently. Made the Systema guy look like a fail-Gumby.
    This shows in the lack of intent in his moves and the flailing strikes with no real weight to them. It's like he is thinking "what should a systema guy sparring look like" rather than just commiting to the win and trying to make sure no one gets serioulsy hurt. We have a guy who is just grading for his kick boxing black belt and only been to a couple of systema sessions so I will see if he is up for some sparring on film.
    Some thoughts.
    1) You can't win at sparring.
    2) I thought he looked like "damn, I'm getting my ass kicked, and none of this spaghetti armed nonsense is helping.
    3) My favorite part is the desperation headlock at the end, when he gets taken down. Oh yeah, that **** worked.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2013 10:25am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's been posted before but warrants a repost. It pretty much illustrates why Systema sucks.
    Watching this at work, and therefore on mute, but... WHY NO CLINCH?