Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 4:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by franginho View Post

Yes you do... and I quote:

You set them to the standard of a physical transaction (orange - money).
    Dear Retard,

You are stupid. It must have been a very easy birth for your mother, given that your brain is very small. Your claim was that "You say in your initial post in this thread, that bitcoins are not going to work because they are digital and will be measured against something physical..."

and then you point to this as your proof: The chances of you buying an orange with it at the corner store are very slim—it's just high-tech nerd to high-tech nerd transfers.

That's not an example of the currency being measured against something physical, but of being used to purchase something physical. You do know that currency is supposed to be used to pay for ****, right? You asked me to point to grocers who take gold—it's not that hard given the number of pawn shops in stripmalls next to grocers. The orange example was to point out that for most transactions, bitcoins are useless. Which grocers take bitcoins?

Nope you are a dip **** for believing so. Vulgar is from Vulgare which is common. It is used by dipshits like you to pretend to be better. So the joke is on you.
    You have confused etymology and meaning. Vulgar has a connotation that "common" doesn't.

Yes they do have that... once more, look how long this stuff lasts when things go down hill. I once again refer you to Germany. It will work initially and then break down too.
    Note: I've already asked you to explain the causes of German hyperinflation, in order to demonstrate that you know anything about, well, anything. You've dodged it. One more time. Your next post needs to have your explanation of the causes of German hyperinflation, using a theory of money.

You do defend fiat money by proxy...
    Do you realize that in your previous post, you were arguing that
    "You so vigorously try to defend a physical reference while history has shown that it can be removed, over time?" That is NOT fiat money. Now of course the problem is that you are such an imbecile that you don't use "physical reference" in the same way twice: in this thread so far you have used it to mean commodity standards for money (e.g., gold), commodities you can buy with money (e.g., oranges) barter goods (e.g., salt, tea) and now it seems you think it means physical currency (cash, coin) regardless of whether it is specie (backed by a commodity) or not.

"Physical reference" cannot mean all those things at once—especially not oranges!

I did not say that they are anything but a proof of concept that it your american dollars could be replaced by a pure digital form. And that it is a logical and very plausible step.
    Actually, you also said "Oh and for all those ney-sayers, What do you think will happen if banks, your country who ever stops using your currency of choice?" which is the first bit of gibberish that came out of your mouth. Then you followed up with the claim that gold is just like fiat money in a crisis situation, and to prove this you pointed out two situations where you thought* money wasn't used much—one because it wasn't stable enough and one because it was too stable—to show that...made-up imaginary currency by the Internet Bank of Anonymous Hackers will be more useful when **** hits the fan than gold.

*ETA: of course, during hyperinflation money is used a lot. People spend it right away, as it will be worth less tomorrow.
    Last edited by Rivington; 4/05/2013 4:53pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 4:50pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by franginho View Post

Nope you are a dip **** for believing so. Vulgar is from Vulgare which is common. It is used by dipshits like you to pretend to be better. So the joke is on you.

You do defend fiat money by proxy...
    Itwasntme, you are only allowed one account.

Oh lord, we have two google professors on bullshido?
    Greeeaaaaatttt.............

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 8:06pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy recently paid his way across the US with nothing but bacon.

Gold, silver, and edible pork are always valuable whether you have "faith" in them or not.

So much for fancy theories.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...002702345.html

http://www.baconbarter.com/

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 8:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was at an event a few weeks ago that had a "Bacon for titties" booth.
    For a flash you got two slices of freshly fried and crispy pieces of bacon.
    They went through 50 lbs in one weekend.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 10:16am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recently registered with the Bitcoin site..but getting set up with TOR and finding the Silk Road URL is something else..
    I'd just like to get on the site and check it out for curiosity's sake.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 12:02pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 12:18pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I honestly don't care so much about the value of a Bitcoin; what interests me is the use of BTC as a distributed, decentralized medium of exchange that doesn't need as many mother-may-I's and related bullshit as traditional currencies.

I have no doubt that Bitcoin is going to get curbstomped by the current informal economic oligarchy, but for me it's like tinkering with watches or restoring old cars... it's a hobby with a utopian cyberpunk appeal; a digital-age, ongoing, economic crossword puzzle.

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 1:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you can generate bitcoins without any real world input,
    IE Labor, Product, rare resource, I can't imagine it having a very good end game.
    I can see a bitcoin bubble forming easily but at some point it will pop cause its not held up by anything.

However for the time being people are will to exchange real money for bitcoins so what is the harm in generating them?

All though I would be interested in seeing the actual cost of generating a bitcoin IE is it going to even pay the electricity of leaving your computer on overnight.

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 2:09pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are missing the forest for the trees here; the point of Bitcoin is to be the digital equivalent of cash, without the need of banks or government involvement. Think BitTorrent, vs. your shitty cable service's "on demand" programming selection and service.

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 2:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    You guys are missing the forest for the trees here; the point of Bitcoin is to be the digital equivalent of cash, without the need of banks or government involvement. Think BitTorrent, vs. your shitty cable service's "on demand" programming selection and service.
    Let me introduce you to the Bearer bond. No need for banks or the government but has real tangible value.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast