Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 12:37pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    So there is a statute of limitations on genocide now?

Dumbass
    No, there's a statute of limitations on butthurt, dumbfuck.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 1:07pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm kinda butthurt about those vicious ruffians that killed my ancestor Otzi.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 1:24pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What? Korea is butt hurt?

I'm not Irish by the way
    No he said you are a butthurt dumbfuck, not that you're Irish.

Funny that's how you took it...what do you have against the Irish anyway?

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 1:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, chonan's an ass. that's a fucked up thing to say.

der is 100% right with the history, it was fucked up (right up there with the very worst humans have ever done to each other) but as gezere pointed out... not unique.

during the crusades, christians took captured muslim soldiers, cut a small incision in their belly, pulled out some intestine and would nail it to a pole and force the man to walk in circles around the pole pulling out his own intestines. i think i remember reading that the muslims went ahead and did the same thing back to captured christians in retaliation. great, eh?

rape and slavery were considered a normal part of war in the past (and still are in some parts of the world.)

people can be evil and have done terrible things to others throughout history, but the important thing is that this stuff needs to be taught in history classes, which the japanese education system in particular is not doing. (the US isn't winning any awards for accuracy in history education either, someone from the UK has to chime in on how they paint the british empire's dirty laundry.

that being said, the approach being taken by many korean and chinese people of attacking the rising sun is only going to increase hatred and tension. while that symbol may be representative of japan's worst moments to *them*, they should realize that to many japanese people the symbol represents japan itself (the meiji restoration in particular.)

i don't want to repeat my arguments for there being legitimate uses of the rising sun image (read the other threads if you want to hear them) but i think that rather than *attack japan*, it might be best to work hard at working with japanese pacifist groups to lobby for better coverage of the atrocities in school. that kind of change has to come from inside, especially in a place as homogenous as japan. there are a lot of people in japan who *do* care about what happened, hopefully some of them will publicly tell ryo chonan to shut the **** up.

maybe i'm crazy, but i thought the idea here was to spread knowledge of the dark underside of history, so future generations aren't so easy to convince that the citizens of the country their government is at war with are sub-human. that's when we see the really evil **** go down, when the propaganda is swallowed too easily.

at the end of this month i will be giving a lecture to a group of japanese college freshmen as part of a retreat that the incoming class is sent on every year. the reason that i bring it up is that part of the retreat is to visit a war museum run by a very right wing (and very crazy) WWII veteran. it is a monument to right wing nationalist japan, and the students are brought there face to face with the ugliness. (the old guy really doesn't like me very much, i must say, especially when i went with my wife.) after the visit to the war museum and exposure to racist rants from an old man, the group meets and discusses the experience.

that kind of thing on a larger scale would lead to change. unfortunately it's just a small group of art students, but at least i can say i'm doing something constructive about the problem.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 2:01pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @ R-Ape

Are you familiar with the atrocities carried out by Cromwell against the idigenous inhabitants of Ireland?
    Aw, man!!! We're hating on Cromwell now? **** that. I'm not down with that. The powers that be made me take two Western Civ classes in college in between learning real ****. Reading a shitload about Oliver Cromwell was the only consolation prize. He was a fucking raging badass. I'm a fanboy.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 3:30pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would me associating potatoes and being fucking dense with the irish, be:

a. Stereotyping
    b. Racist
    c. both

If I then associated the above to loofadoofus, would that be:

a. Accurate
    b. Amusing
    c. Both.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 3:41pm

supporting memberstaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DerAus was implying i was butthurt due to the 800 years of tyrany perpetrated by the English on my people (the Irish)
    No, I wasn't implying you were Irish.

I was saying that you're a dumbfuck.

Thank you for proving me right.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 3:46pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DerAus was implying i was butthurt due to the 800 years of tyrany perpetrated by the English on my people (the Irish)
    Yet you said...
    I'm not Irish by the way
    So again, educate me on how the Irish can be your people when you're not, by your own admission, Irish.

If you can't keep up, keep out
    Irony
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 3:46pm

supporting memberstaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    that being said, the approach being taken by many korean and chinese people of attacking the rising sun is only going to increase hatred and tension. while that symbol may be representative of japan's worst moments to *them*, they should realize that to many japanese people the symbol represents japan itself (the meiji restoration in particular.)

i don't want to repeat my arguments for there being legitimate uses of the rising sun image (read the other threads if you want to hear them) but i think that rather than *attack japan*, it might be best to work hard at working with japanese pacifist groups to lobby for better coverage of the atrocities in school.
    It's not our place to tell them that.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 3:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    So again, educate me on how the Irish can be your people when you're not, by your own admission, Irish.
    Try reading that from the top, your comprehension has gone a little wonky.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast