I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 11:25am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @ R-Ape

Lemkin defined genocide as follows: "Generally speaking, genocide does not necessarily mean the immediate destruction of a nation, except when accomplished by mass killings of all members of a nation. It is intended rather to signify a coordinated plan of different actions aiming at the destruction of essential foundations of the life of national groups, with the aim of annihilating the groups themselves. The objectives of such a plan would be the disintegration of the political and social institutions, of culture, language, national feelings, religion, and the economic existence of national groups, and the destruction of the personal security, liberty, health, dignity, and even the lives of the individuals belonging to such groups."
    Are you familiar with the atrocities carried out by Cromwell against the idigenous inhabitants of Ireland?
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 11:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also LOL at you removing my post from your trollshido thread and putting it here
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 11:43am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How long ago did Cromwell carry out those actions vs. the behaviour of the Japanese Imperial Army.

That's the fucking difference.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 11:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    How long ago did Cromwell carry out those actions vs. the behaviour of the Japanese Imperial Army.

That's the fucking difference.
    So there is a statute of limitations on genocide now?

Dumbass

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 12:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps if someone made a rising sun version of these, then everyone could be happy.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 12:37pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    So there is a statute of limitations on genocide now?

Dumbass
    No, there's a statute of limitations on butthurt, dumbfuck.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 1:07pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm kinda butthurt about those vicious ruffians that killed my ancestor Otzi.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 1:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    No, there's a statute of limitations on butthurt, dumbfuck.
    What? Korea is butt hurt?

I'm not Irish by the way

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 1:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    What? Korea is butt hurt?

I'm not Irish by the way
    No he said you are a butthurt dumbfuck, not that you're Irish.

Funny that's how you took it...what do you have against the Irish anyway?

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 1:34pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    No he said you are a butthurt dumbfuck, not that you're Irish.

Funny that's how you took it...what do you have against the Irish anyway?
    Oh wabbit, you do like to suck up to mods don't you

DerAus was implying i was butthurt due to the 800 years of tyrany perpetrated by the English on my people (the Irish)

Infact I was replying to R-Ape's direct question about English acts of genocide against the Irish, to which he pretty much mirrored Chonan's sentiments with regards to Japanese genocide in Korea, ie it was long ago and no one cares

If you can't keep up, keep out
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast