Our Sponsors:

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Posted On:
    4/20/2013 1:50pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I repeat. Fcuk this guy.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    4/20/2013 1:52pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Yeah. Fuckin' Japs and their atrocities. If they hadn't been ass backward Neanderthals way behind the curve on technology they could've taken the gentlemanly route and dropped a nuke on Nanking and a carefully chosen sister city. Damn horrific, barbarian, subhuman Japs.
    Are you fucking kidding me? Like the Americans had some kind of choice in dealing with these bastards? They cut a swath of destruction across China, had head-chopping contests in the newspapers, smashed our fleet in Pearl Harbor and dragged us into the war, and we would have lost 200k men trying to invade the Japanese mainland. The only people who arguably deserved to get nuked more at that time were the Germans. This kind of "moral equivalency" bullcrap is just that.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Yours truly

Posted On:
    4/20/2013 4:22pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the way Germans handled themselves regarding WW2 makes me respect them more, but more importantly, like them a bit too. I respected Imperial Japan for their might. But i respect the current German populace not only for their past might and current work ethic, power and influence, but also for genuinely and openly regretting their past.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

:)

Posted On:
    5/08/2013 10:19am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/08/wo...-war.html?_r=0

Japan's conservative government will abide by official apologies that the country's leaders made two decades ago to the victims of World War II in Asia, top officials said Tuesday, backing away from earlier suggestions that the government might try to revise or even repudiate the apologies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2013 11:07am

Style: sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me? Like the Americans had some kind of choice in dealing with these bastards? They cut a swath of destruction across China, had head-chopping contests in the newspapers, smashed our fleet in Pearl Harbor and dragged us into the war, and we would have lost 200k men trying to invade the Japanese mainland. The only people who arguably deserved to get nuked more at that time were the Germans. This kind of "moral equivalency" bullcrap is just that.
    There are two sides to every story. I get that War is War and they would have done the same if they could. The atrocities of the japanese military as far as their treatment of prisoners and surrounding countries goes is well documented.

But why two bombs? Does saving lives really justify killing the uninvolved? Since when are civilian cities targets for military war games? How many of the Japanese living in Nagasaki or Hiroshima were likely opposed to the war? How many babies/ children were a threat to anybody? If Korea decided to nuke Atlanta because it produces military goods to aid the U.S. military, would it be justified? There were actually a lot of Germans who hid jews from Hitler and helped them escape. I don't think it's right to paint an entire race with such a broad brush to the point of where you'd say all these Jap bastards needed to die.

For example, I am Russian. I grew up in soviet Russia. I also despise communism and everything it stands for. Not every citizen of a country agrees with whatever their government is doing. How many people here fully approve and support what the U.S. military did in Abu Ghraib? Does Abu Ghraib theoretically mean that Iraq would be justified in bombing the U.S? Not that they could but for the sake of argument.

Obviously, this is an idealistic view and war has nothing to do with morals. So the U.S. did the right thing for the U.S. at the time. But I wouldn't go as far as to say it was morally justified.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112