Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2013 12:59pm

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    When I first started rasslin', it was all about the double leg, Boston crab, and sleeper hold. Then we watched more WWF and we started to try to do crossfaces, suplexes, and lariats. Then one of our friends got a big trampoline and we injured each other off the top rope.

My point is, I think I knew more about grappling at the time than dgold.
    I know **** all about grappling, but I think I might just edge dgold...

Posted On:
    4/13/2013 12:52pm

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To pull off a scam like this, you need a patsy. Someone to distract and take the heat from what you are doing, by beeing seen as the ones to worry about.

Thinking back to Just before the UFC kicked off proper, there was the release of "Nico", or "Above the Law". This film featured a fictional martial art that no-one had ever heard of before - Aikido.

In the following years, this previously non-existent art became unexplicably popular, carrying with it it's own accusations of brainwashing and cult mentality. Eventually, taking the fall for being "ineffective". All the things BJJ was trying to conceal in its own practice.

Fast forward a few years into the future, and Steven Seagal (The founder of aikido) is very much inside the UFC tent, pissing out.

Now, you tell me... Coincidence??

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123