Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 1:09am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you say, "dizzy/sick," there are a couple different kinds. Are you talking about feeling nauseous, or are you talking vision narrowing/blackout possibility?

If it's the former, try taking the workout a little lighter until your body catches up to the idea of training again. Then, you can push it little by little.

If it's the latter, you may want to check in with a doctor prior to exercise. There are lots of reasons people blackout. Most of them aren't good..

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 10:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recently got back into martial arts. Obviously I was unfit. First session I felt faint and had to sit down. It was embarrassing but had to be done. Second session I felt faint but was able to last the session. Third session I felt fine.
    Six months later I'm still training and feeling great. My fitness is above average and still improving.

So my advice:
    Drink lots of water.
    Go at your own pace. Ignore the meatheads, do your own thing.
    Stick with it.
    Have fun :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 12:33pm

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by calmPsycho View Post
    I recently got back into martial arts. Obviously I was unfit. First session I felt faint and had to sit down. It was embarrassing but had to be done. Second session I felt faint but was able to last the session. Third session I felt fine.
    Six months later I'm still training and feeling great. My fitness is above average and still improving.

So my advice:
    Drink lots of water.
    Go at your own pace. Ignore the meatheads, do your own thing.
    Stick with it.
    Have fun :)
    Bold mine. Don't be "tough guy #1" lol

You know how you feel,and if you're feeling sick? its prolly due to pushing too hard, too soon. Once your body gets used to it again,you can push hard,but first couple of sessions take it easier. If you push too hard,too soon,you're gonna get sick. This can happen when you're fitter too but thats your own fault lol

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 3:06pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People will notice as it gets hotter that this happens more often (nausea, oversweating, etc). Even a well conditioned, honed athlete can suffer heat exhaustion from moderate exercise if they are low on fluids or simply can't plume their heat correctly.

I can think of one world class swimmer who died in a pool of water after a 10K because the water was too warm for his body to maintain a healthy temperature.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ort-fina_N.htm

The autopsy noted that water temperatures last Oct. 26 were in the mid-80s with an air temperature above 100. Werner's team noted that existing FINA rules had no recommended upper temperature limit for racing.
    So if Fran Crippen, world class athlete, can succumb to heat stroke and death from simply swimming in a pool that was too warm, imagine what can happen to you if you train in air that is too hot or doesn't circulate enough?

The most important thing for keeping your body health stabilized when training in the heat is moving air (or water, in the case of swimmers). Keep windows open, fans on if you have them, and above all don't be afraid to actively cool by wetting your wrists, back of neck, and top of head with some cool sink water if you have it.

In a nutshell: train hard, sweat, don't baby yourself, but never forget that if you can't radiate your body heat correctly, you can quickly (within 10m) get sick and die just like Fran Crippen no matter how conditioned you are for exercise.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/21/2013 3:14pm at .

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 9:14am

Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to pile on with everyone else, take breaks when you have to. The more you train, the more you'll be able to recognize the difference between "Okay, I'm just tired, let's gut this round out" and "Oh, hey, there's suddenly three of my padholder, that seems unfair somehow, I should throw up on him to let him know this isn't cool".

Heat is a bitch and a half in general. I trained in Thailand for six months last summer, so I figured it would be no big deal this year. The last two days have been hot and humid as hell, and I'm still drained. Nobody is going to be impressed if you make yourself sick, take care of your body.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12