Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 1:16pm

Style: SEKKJBA, MACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Training Buddy in Fort Walton Beach / Destin Florida

Looking for a training buddy to get back into my training, I practice a combination of standup stick/knife and ground and looking for somebody to train with and or teach what i know too, and learn what they know. Willing to work with beginners and above. Extreme focus on safety i can't spar too hard(nose surgery last year)

I am currently residing in Mary Esther Florida and i have access to military bases till dec 2014. I work in FWB but will be switching jobs this or next week to a job in Sandestin.

Im also out of shape and will be also putting a focus on my training on fitness.

private email is crunchthenumbers@gmail.com
    I have a bob in storage(i have no room in my apartment)
    i have dummy knives, sticks pads (you will need your own mma style gloves).

I'm not interested in public dojos. where i trained in ky was a private club and we used a raquet ball room on campus

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 7:31pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know a few FMA guys in the area that you could check out. I think we might have even talked about training a few years ago but maybe that was someone else. I can't tell from your post if you want to teach or take up a new system though. The guys I used to train with already train a system and would likely be glad to have you but I don't know if they want to start something new.

Sounds like you might have the same problem I had when I relocated to Orlando, I met plenty of FMA players but it's hard to meet guys that want to take on a new system. I can understand that though, when you're already training one style it's a lot to devote yourself to another style especially if you've got a family and job. Of course, I've devoted a lot of time to the style I train so naturally I want to keep it going so I'm just starting to get a few guys together, I have no idea to start anything big though as I'm still new to teaching. Your best bet is to find a group you like, train with them, and as you show interest in their stuff they may show some interest in you. Do you train a specific style of FMA? Or have you just managed to aquire some skills over the years?

You can check out Plumdragon here on Bullshido he's in your area I think he just got back from the PI, he's a great source for authentic FMA. Also, the guys I used to train with are in the Navarre area. They have a small group at a big gymnastics studio, the guys are all gymnasts and the FMA instructor is a coach. If fitness is your these guys can get you there. There's another Bullshido member in Pensacola I know does FMA; Diesel. I trained with him a few times but he's so damn far from Navarre it's hard to get out there regularly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2013 11:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FMA is cool but what im hoping to accomplish is polish what i learned to be able to test for my next belt with a partner/s and teach it to him to help me better and pick up his skill subset in addition. once i receive my BB and instructor ship the next step in our association is to learn a new art (which then i will be leaning preferably Kali/escrima/arnis etc)

Posted On:
    3/30/2013 12:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck man! What system do you train? How long have you been with it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2013 2:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    South Eastern Kenpo Karate Jujitsu Brotherhood Association since fall 2002(inactive since 2008)

plus army Basic training and modern army combatives. level 1 and 2
    Last edited by bill_nye68; 3/30/2013 3:05pm at .

Posted On:
    3/30/2013 4:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool,i didn't realize kenpo had stick and knife stuff. I hear sick and knife mentioned and i always assume FMA, guess I'll have to keep an open mind.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2013 4:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Cool,i didn't realize kenpo had stick and knife stuff. I hear sick and knife mentioned and i always assume FMA, guess I'll have to keep an open mind.
    Imported from kali

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2013 9:56am

Style: Tabimina Balintawak

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bill,
    I am still in the Destin area and actively teaching and training. Please feel free to contact me (jpwhsv@gmail.com) and we can set something up.

Jesse, thanks for vouching for me. Hope all is well down in Orlando. Im hoping to head down there again around June/July; we should grab a beer if youre around...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/02/2013 10:09am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, Bill. I'm in Pensacola and train weekly. Like Jesse said, it is hard getting way over there from Pensacola, but if you are ever in the area and want to do some sparring, let me know. We do a lot of knife, stick, and rolling. So whatever you are into.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.