Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 11:58am

Style: JiuJistu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Would that thing work?!

I know there is not much to go on, but I found this and I was wondering, would that work?! IF you would live in a place where you are not allowed to own a gun, would you opt for this?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 3:59am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by franginho View Post
    I know there is not much to go on, but I found this and I was wondering, would that work?! IF you would live in a place where you are not allowed to own a gun, would you opt for this?
    Yes, yes I would. However due to the cosmetic alterations I believe many places would classify it as a weapon.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 4:05am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nails dont have much impacty spreadyness like bullets do. Would that take a lot of shot to realisticly drop a guy?

I realise that I would not want to be shot with one.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 6:59am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I framed houses for about ten years when I was younger. We used to get in nail gun fights all the time. Because there was no barrel, the nail starts tumbling when it's mere inches away from the gun. No one ever had a nail penetrate their skin more a few millimeters.

Unless that's a real barrel, I seriously doubt that thing has an effective range of more than a foot.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 8:48am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by franginho View Post
    Let me help you out, buddy. I see you're from Brazil and I know you guys don't do guns, so I'm going to go easy.

It's a joke. It's an AR-15 somebody stuck a Dewalt sticker on and shoved a battery pack up the mag well.

Dewalt doesn't make guns. Even if they did, this wouldn't work. The end.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 9:15am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not surprised it's a fake. Thinking about it a bit more, on all nail guns I've ever owned or seen, the driver (or hammer) from the gun has to be in physical contact with the nail in order for it to have sufficient force to fully seat the nail into wood. This force would not be present if the nail had to travel the length of the barrel without the driver behind it. It would no longer function as a nail gun.

This geek moment brought to you by jnp.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 9:49am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, there's all kinds of reasons this thing wouldn't work. There's a reason bullets are shaped like bullets instead of nails.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 11:05am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quake lied to us all!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2014 11:42pm

Style: Standup, Ground-fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
    Did Daniel Tosh really say that **** about judo?

(Actually I'm taking this opportunity to ask you about where that quote's from, since you're the only Google result...)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2014 9:41am

Style: Hapkido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I framed houses for about ten years when I was younger. We used to get in nail gun fights all the time. Because there was no barrel, the nail starts tumbling when it's mere inches away from the gun. No one ever had a nail penetrate their skin more a few millimeters.

Unless that's a real barrel, I seriously doubt that thing has an effective range of more than a foot.
    1) This is the awesomest story about screwing around on the job I have read in a while.

2) Also, even if it had a barrel, how could they rifle the barrel and spin the nails before they came out? That seems like a huge engineering challenge, and by the time you answer it, your nails look like bullets and you are shooting holes in the walls.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rifling
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast