Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 4:33pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I don't think interest in MMA has plateaued. Have you heard of this hot chick named Ronda Rousey? My fucking Mom watches MMA now.
    When she pulls in Lesnar or GSP numbers, then we'll talk :)

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 7:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    When she pulls in Lesnar or GSP numbers, then we'll talk :)
    Momma ain't good enough for you?

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 1:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't really argue with that but I still think it's bad for MMA. MMA has had to fight and claw for respect for two decades. Too much of this bullshit is a step in the wrong direction, IMO.

My other problem with it is that I think it's disrespectful and unfair to an opponent who has to stand there and wait for an assclown to sashay his way to the ring or cage.

I actually liked Hamed's unorthodox style. I probably would've been a fan if he wasn't such a megaturd.
    See I feel glaring spitting venum and insulting you opponants mother is more disrespectfull that having fun on your night to shine.

If MMA was more about fun and less about blod,death,kill,sport. Mabye it would have a better reputation.

This was sort of my point about the money. Here people pretty much do MMA because they enjoy it.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 2:12am

supporting member
     Style: Tang Soo Don't Retired

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Test. Test.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 4:08am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am still holding onto the dream of coming out to Kulture Klubs "Do you really want to hurt me" dressed as Boy George.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 5:08am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    There is a reason why 50 people will tun up to a world class bjj event. And 800 will turn up to a local MMA show.

It is entertainment have some fun with it.

Australian MMA there is no money in it. And you can fight people in gyms in front of nobody if the purety of combat is what you want.

I have had this conversation a few times. Most of the fighters really are not all that fussed with the walk out so to get silly with it is not such a big drama.

I had one who just lets the guys choose the music for him.

It would be bad at our gym one of our guys has a gay anthem CD.
    I think it's more people who don't grapple don't get what'a happening. Even then, it is stil more spectacular to watch a striking match than somebody lying on top of someone for 5 minutes.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 8:33am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    See I feel glaring spitting venum and insulting you opponants mother is more disrespectfull that having fun on your night to shine.

If MMA was more about fun and less about blod,death,kill,sport. Mabye it would have a better reputation.

This was sort of my point about the money. Here people pretty much do MMA because they enjoy it.
    I think the bullshit has to be kept in check.

The NFL is on the right track in this regard IMO. Players are allowed to celebrate and showboat to a certain extent but they get penalized and/or fined when it goes over the top - for instance, celebrations that delay the game. Or taunting their opponent. Or organized group celebrations, etc.

I like those rules. They allow for fun without ruining the experience for everybody who just wants to watch the game.

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 9:41am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The NFL is on the right track in this regard IMO. Players are allowed to celebrate and showboat to a certain extent but they get penalized and/or fined when it goes over the top - for instance, celebrations that delay the game. Or taunting their opponent. Or organized group celebrations, etc.

I like those rules. They allow for fun without ruining the experience for everybody who just wants to watch the game.
    Yeah I will go along with that as well.

See I would put up with all the antics before the match rather than after. Because that sort of thing leaves a bad taste for me.

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 9:43am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    I think it's more people who don't grapple don't get what'a happening. Even then, it is stil more spectacular to watch a striking match than somebody lying on top of someone for 5 minutes.
    Yeah but have seen five mats running at a time. It becomes almost a production line.

Japanese and sumo?

Am I sugesting that MMA walkouts is a modern form of ceromony?
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 3/29/2013 9:49am at .

Posted On:
    4/02/2013 2:17am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I like the idea of it but where do you draw the line? Do you have a 30s/1min time limit or the like? Will that include both pre-fight and post-fight celebrations/antics? and what is an appropriate punishment in a fight setting? Monetary fines (even for amatuers?) or points deductions (would this count for post fight celebrations as well even if it altered the outcome)?
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast