Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/27/2013 10:36pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    This is also true.

It does not change the fact that Batroc the Leaper is practically unknown outside comic geek circles.

Another fun fact: I first heard about Savate by reading an appearance of Batroc the Leaper in some Marvel comic.
    You are such a nerd.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    3/27/2013 10:52pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    I almost neg repped you for that!!!!!!

Batroc is one of the most underrated underutilized minor villains. Next to Crossbones he is one of my favorite Cap villains. Respect the Leaper or get a foot in the face!!!

Fun Fact: both GSP and Batroc's first name is George. Adds nothing but now you know.
    I know who he is; Cap was the first comic book I ever read (although it was during that odd period when US Agent was actually Cap).

Fact is, most people are going to be scratching their heads trying to figure out who the heck GSP is.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 7:34am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    This is also true.

It does not change the fact that Batroc the Leaper is practically unknown outside comic geek circles.
    Did you just use the G-Word!?!?!?!
    Look if I think he's cool he then he is cool. If people don't know who he is then they are not cool. That's how things work. (at least in my head)

Another fun fact: I first heard about Savate by reading an appearance of Batroc the Leaper in some Marvel comic.
    I first heard of Savate from a Bruce Tegner book but I didn't think it would be cool until Batroc. Last time I was living in Germany I used to go train Savate from time to time in France. I very seriously thought of making BATROC my fighting name if I ever competed. Sadly only two guys had any idea what I was talking about. They were cool everyone else wasn't as I have established.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 7:36am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    I know who he is; Cap was the first comic book I ever read (although it was during that odd period when US Agent was actually Cap).

Fact is, most people are going to be scratching their heads trying to figure out who the heck GSP is.
    See previous post.

I really can't wait. Despite how good or bad GSP does in the role it will still mean more Batroc toys for me!!!!! If Crossbones makes an appearance it will be the best movie EVER!!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 8:57am

Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    You never watch Nicholas Cage
    Fixed. He is the anti-Rutger Hauer.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 9:10am

Style: Holiday Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    He is the anti-Rutger Hauer.
    I thought that was Lance Henriksen.
    Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD's Avatar

You are in a lot of trouble.

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 4:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Twirling Foot Kung Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This news actually saddened me a bit. I was planning to cosplay as Batroc for next year's MegaCon and wanted to run around randomly attacking all the Captain Americas (Captains America?) while jabbering een zee worst how you say zee stereotype acceent evar. Won't be as fun if people actually know who the dude is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Bleep bleep blip bloop

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 4:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    I thought that was Lance Henriksen.
    explain plz

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 4:18pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD View Post
    This news actually saddened me a bit. I was planning to cosplay as Batroc for next year's MegaCon and wanted to run around randomly attacking all the Captain Americas (Captains America?) while jabbering een zee worst how you say zee stereotype acceent evar. Won't be as fun if people actually know who the dude is.
    HOLY ****!!!! I had a similar idea but was going to be Crossbones. Last Halloween I went as Captain America but there were so many I started saying I was Isaiah Bradley. No one really got it and I was kinda upset that that these guys (not the kids because they're kids) only knew as much about CAP as what they saw in the movie. So I was going to go as Crossbones this year and yell, "...get ready to bleed buckets, Blue Britches!" at all CAPs as I pounced on them.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh
    Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD's Avatar

You are in a lot of trouble.

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 4:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Twirling Foot Kung Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    HOLY ****!!!! I had a similar idea but was going to be Crossbones. Last Halloween I went as Captain America but there were so many I started saying I was Isaiah Bradley. No one really got it and I was kinda upset that that these guys (not the kids because they're kids) only knew as much about CAP as what they saw in the movie. So I was going to go as Crossbones this year and yell, "...get ready to bleed buckets, Blue Britches!" at all CAPs as I pounced on them.
    If only flamboyant supervillainy paid enough to support my stupid freeloading family. We missed our callings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Bleep bleep blip bloop
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast