228243 Bullies, 4359 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 50
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    3/27/2013 10:36pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    This is also true.

    It does not change the fact that Batroc the Leaper is practically unknown outside comic geek circles.

    Another fun fact: I first heard about Savate by reading an appearance of Batroc the Leaper in some Marvel comic.
    You are such a nerd.
  2. CoffeeFan is offline
    CoffeeFan's Avatar

    Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sherwood, OR
    Posts
    2,180

    Posted On:
    3/27/2013 10:52pm

    supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    I almost neg repped you for that!!!!!!

    Batroc is one of the most underrated underutilized minor villains. Next to Crossbones he is one of my favorite Cap villains. Respect the Leaper or get a foot in the face!!!

    Fun Fact: both GSP and Batroc's first name is George. Adds nothing but now you know.
    I know who he is; Cap was the first comic book I ever read (although it was during that odd period when US Agent was actually Cap).

    Fact is, most people are going to be scratching their heads trying to figure out who the heck GSP is.
  3. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    3/28/2013 7:34am

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    This is also true.

    It does not change the fact that Batroc the Leaper is practically unknown outside comic geek circles.
    Did you just use the G-Word!?!?!?!
    Look if I think he's cool he then he is cool. If people don't know who he is then they are not cool. That's how things work. (at least in my head)

    Another fun fact: I first heard about Savate by reading an appearance of Batroc the Leaper in some Marvel comic.
    I first heard of Savate from a Bruce Tegner book but I didn't think it would be cool until Batroc. Last time I was living in Germany I used to go train Savate from time to time in France. I very seriously thought of making BATROC my fighting name if I ever competed. Sadly only two guys had any idea what I was talking about. They were cool everyone else wasn't as I have established.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  4. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    3/28/2013 7:36am

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    I know who he is; Cap was the first comic book I ever read (although it was during that odd period when US Agent was actually Cap).

    Fact is, most people are going to be scratching their heads trying to figure out who the heck GSP is.
    See previous post.

    I really can't wait. Despite how good or bad GSP does in the role it will still mean more Batroc toys for me!!!!! If Crossbones makes an appearance it will be the best movie EVER!!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  5. ermghoti is online now
    ermghoti's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,223

    Posted On:
    3/28/2013 8:57am


     Style: BJJ+Sanda

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    You never watch Nicholas Cage
    Fixed. He is the anti-Rutger Hauer.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
  6. Cake of Doom is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    surrey, UK
    Posts
    803

    Posted On:
    3/28/2013 9:10am


     Style: Holiday Judo

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    He is the anti-Rutger Hauer.
    I thought that was Lance Henriksen.
  7. Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD is offline
    Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD's Avatar

    You are in a lot of trouble.

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,581

    Posted On:
    3/28/2013 4:00pm

    supporting member
     Style: Twirling Foot Kung Fu

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This news actually saddened me a bit. I was planning to cosplay as Batroc for next year's MegaCon and wanted to run around randomly attacking all the Captain Americas (Captains America?) while jabbering een zee worst how you say zee stereotype acceent evar. Won't be as fun if people actually know who the dude is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Bleep bleep blip bloop
  8. Tranquil Suit is online now
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar

    I have emotions.

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,551

    Posted On:
    3/28/2013 4:05pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    I thought that was Lance Henriksen.
    explain plz

    (tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
  9. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    3/28/2013 4:18pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD View Post
    This news actually saddened me a bit. I was planning to cosplay as Batroc for next year's MegaCon and wanted to run around randomly attacking all the Captain Americas (Captains America?) while jabbering een zee worst how you say zee stereotype acceent evar. Won't be as fun if people actually know who the dude is.
    HOLY ****!!!! I had a similar idea but was going to be Crossbones. Last Halloween I went as Captain America but there were so many I started saying I was Isaiah Bradley. No one really got it and I was kinda upset that that these guys (not the kids because they're kids) only knew as much about CAP as what they saw in the movie. So I was going to go as Crossbones this year and yell, "...get ready to bleed buckets, Blue Britches!" at all CAPs as I pounced on them.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  10. Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD is offline
    Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD's Avatar

    You are in a lot of trouble.

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,581

    Posted On:
    3/28/2013 4:22pm

    supporting member
     Style: Twirling Foot Kung Fu

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    HOLY ****!!!! I had a similar idea but was going to be Crossbones. Last Halloween I went as Captain America but there were so many I started saying I was Isaiah Bradley. No one really got it and I was kinda upset that that these guys (not the kids because they're kids) only knew as much about CAP as what they saw in the movie. So I was going to go as Crossbones this year and yell, "...get ready to bleed buckets, Blue Britches!" at all CAPs as I pounced on them.
    If only flamboyant supervillainy paid enough to support my stupid freeloading family. We missed our callings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Bleep bleep blip bloop
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.