223536 Bullies, 3839 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/27/2013 11:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Ironic choice of words FTL.
    Nope. One man's desire for freedom doesn't preclude him from not giving a **** about the next man's freedom.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    3/27/2013 3:03pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr View Post
    Instead of ridicule and insults iterate to me the points of why I was wrong? I'm levelheaded and willing to admit what I presented was a stupid idea regardless of topic when you provide me the arguments that convince me so. My skin colour or country of origin has nothing to do with it.
    Do you really need me to sit you down and explain why a white guy from Finland trying to change the meaning of the Japanese imperial flag is a stupid idea?

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

On hiatus

Posted On:
    3/27/2013 3:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    Do you really need me to sit you down and explain why a white guy from Finland trying to change the meaning of the Japanese imperial flag is a stupid idea?
    Ugh, stop delaying already and give him a proper answer.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/27/2013 4:59pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

:)

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 2:04am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Nope. One man's desire for freedom doesn't preclude him from not giving a **** about the next man's freedom.
    Or making the "next man" his property?

Ah, the freedom to treat people like livestock. YEAH can you feel the powah of freedumb?

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 2:31am

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    If you read even more carefully you might even notice I said I can perfectly well understand people's feelings about the signs. It is just as relevant to them as the swastika is around here. Hell, I don't like the swastika myself for all the nazi connotations and sure as hell can understand why the Imperial Army flag can cause similar reactions in those that were or who's family was directly affected by the atrocities. I just don't think the gut should be the correct response even in these issues without at least thinking about different approaches.

I merely pondered on the possibility of handling things in a different way.. and if you read really carefully enough you might notice I was actually extrapolating the situation to a larger context and wondering about when a symbol loses relevance / current meaning.

The point you're countering wasn't it anyways. My thought was about how the current way of vilifying a symbol be it the swastika or whatever can actually be counterproductive as in it gives validation for the symbol to be a rallying point for I dunno, right wing fucktards? Wasn't probably too obvious though, and I apologise for that. Third language and all.

Anway, I'm sorry you feel like upholding differences between skin colour and origins is more important than discussing ideas on their own merit. Just imagine I'm one of third generation holocaust survivor jews, maybe that'll help you with objectivity?
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 8:05am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Or making the "next man" his property?

Ah, the freedom to treat people like livestock. YEAH can you feel the powah of freedumb?
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game. Since we're taking care to avoid hypocricy and all, I feel obligated to remind you it wasn't white folk who coined that phrase.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 8:35am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    You are misrepresenting my position. My question here is why don't we consider the cross as offensive as well?
    You are suggesting that I'm being narrow minded here, and that is completely unfair. I'm simply fucking enlightened enough to realise that since I am personally so far removed from the situation, why would I act like I'm outraged about some bullshit that doesn't affect me, or endorse others doing the same thing?

I said I am happy for those people who wanted this. I meant it, and yet I still think censorship is stupid.

I also thought that it was a stupid fucking gi.
    Whoops, you're right. I apologize for mischaracterizing your position.

Those comments were directed more at Bnet.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 10:31am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by franginho View Post
    3) People are FORCING OTHERS to change their behavior because they have a certain way of seeing things and somebodies does not coincide with theirs.
    I don't think you understand what force is.

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 11:35am

Style: JiuJistu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In this case ... I will agitate enough cry babies to pressure the company into doing what I want them to.
    Force of the market, economics and ****, you know.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast