pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:35pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    The work you're looking for is hatred. There is a difference.
    There is a difference, which is why I said anger. Anger and hatred are not synonymous. Hatred leads to atrocities. So does apathy.

Administrator

Posted On:

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is about the gi, you are trying to attach hate to an inanimate object. All I am saying is if you are going that route then all said "symbols" should be equally banned. You know for fairness and all.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Denial. More butthrut.
    lol. No butt thrut. You fail!!!!!!!1111

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:45pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is about the gi, you are trying to attach hate to an inanimate object. All I am saying is if you are going that route then all said "symbols" should be equally banned. You know for fairness and all.
    What is the likelihood or practicality of all symbols being banned?

Choosing to take arguments to their logical extreme certainly simplifies the discussion.

Do you, Bnet, accept the fact that the Swastika is known as a symbol for hatred? If you say yes, then you can at least understand how humans can come to associate symbols with emotional attachments, among them hate. That doesn't imply that you as a person believe the Swastika is a hate symbol, only that you can understand how it can be seen by the average person as one.

Assuming you accept the fact that a symbol can be seen sacred by some and profane by others, your opinion seems to be to ignore those who find it profane while in pursuit of commercial gain. The only other option, to eliminate all symbols completely.

Does a hate symbol need to be avoided by the general public because it offends some people whose grandparents died? Disturbingly, I find myself asking, "How many grandparents?"

Are we talking Pol Pot/Joseph Stalin numbers, or one church in Idaho? How does that change the answer?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:53pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand exactly why Hayabusa pulled the gi. It's just a piece of cotton they want to make some money with. It's not worth a fight when they can easily create another tacky piece of cotton to sell to dojo gangsters. I get it.

What interests me about the story is that people will actually whine about this bullshit. They know damn well this company isn't trying to **** with anyone or make some political statement. But they have to make sure the whole world knows it hurts their little feelings. They're behaving like bitches.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 2:03pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Truly impossible, since any attempt to record or reference such a law would be breaking it.

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 2:12pm

Style: JiuJistu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My take on this entire issue...
    1) I get it, people don't like the symbol because of what it represents FOR THEM
    2) Somebody is using the gi/logo because of ANOTHER REASON ...
    3) People are FORCING OTHERS to change their behavior because they have a certain way of seeing things and somebodies does not coincide with theirs.

As in law, people should consider intent!
    I am offended by the fact that they are forcing their views/morals/opinion on others... do I get to make them stop? Don't think so....
    Once more, it is all about intent.
    If you show the logo because you want to represent JAPAN @ 1944 then I see your point, if not, try to inform but don't force your view on others.

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 2:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post

Choosing to take arguments to their logical extreme certainly simplifies the discussion.

Do you, Bnet, accept the fact that the Swastika is known as a symbol for hatred? If you say yes, then you can at least understand how humans can come to associate symbols with emotional attachments, among them hate. That doesn't imply that you as a person believe the Swastika is a hate symbol, only that you can understand how it can be seen by the average person as one.

Assuming you accept the fact that a symbol can be seen sacred by some and profane by others, your opinion seems to be to ignore those who find it profane while in pursuit of commercial gain. The only other option, to eliminate all symbols completely.

Does a hate symbol need to be avoided by the general public because it offends some people whose grandparents died? Disturbingly, I find myself asking, "How many grandparents?"

Are we talking Pol Pot/Joseph Stalin numbers, or one church in Idaho? How does that change the answer?
    I think the swastika is a different story since it is still today being used as a symbol of hate. And yes I do understand that someone who went through the Japanese occupations would see that symbol as the same thing as a swastika. But how many of the people that complained about it were actual survivors of that era?? Or were they mostly people who were taught to hate the Japanese by their grandparents??

My argument is not for commercial gain, it's against over-censorship.

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 3:38pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a middle class white man in a first world country, I'm just going to keep my fucking mouth shut when it comes to whether or not Koreans should be upset by a Japanese symbol.

And as contrary as it is to the entire purpose of not only this website, but Internet forums in general, sometimes it's best to just not have an opinion on things.

Bah, who am I kidding... GSP is a weaboo, it was a stupid gi to begin with, and Japan should be shitting bricks over the combination of China's economic ascendancy and their long cultural memory.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 7:14pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Why isn't the crucifix seen as equally offensive?
    Because you don't know what the KKK uses as its actual symbols.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast