233539 Bullies, 3447 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 12:56pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I have difficulty understanding why some people can't step outside their own cultural shoes to understand that a hate symbol is a hate symbol, regardless of what culture created it.
    I'm a big fan of the Confederate flag - a symbol of southern pride, southern independence and southern history. To many it is a symbol of hate. I don't understand why they can't step outside their own cultural shoes to understand that a symbol of southern pride is just a symbol of southern pride, regardless of who may have demonized it as a symbol of hate.

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 12:58pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    In this case, its a grudge that's held partly because there are living survivors of the atrocities. A shop owner I know hates the Japanese, and one day when we questioned him, he pulled up his shirt and showed us scars from fucking machine gun wounds. So, I'd say its different than hating the Egyptians for what they may have done to the Jews, for example.
    My grandfather fought in ww2 and as a result my grandmother hated all things Japanese. Here's the thing though, I do not follow in those footsteps. The hatred has to end somewhere or we just become that which we hate. Ww2 ended 68 years ago for fucks sake.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:00pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Yes, but my point is that most nations if not all have committed war crimes, even still Japan and Germany still get the most hate. And if you are to censor one, then why not all symbols that offend people. And please tell me which of the people that are complaining about "the rising sun" gi are from a country that has clean hands in respect to war crimes. China?? Korea??
    I'm sorry, I thought this thread was about a Hayabusa gi with the Rising Sun symbol on it. I was unaware that every single nation state in mankind's history was on trial for crimes against humanity.

Methinks we need a bigger thread for that. Apparently Bnet is incapable of discussing only one war crime/hate symbol at a time.

No one here is dismissing the atrocities committed by other nations. I'm arguing that this is solely your perspective.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My grandfather fought in ww2 and as a result my grandmother hated all things Japanese. Here's the thing though, I do not follow in those footsteps. The hatred has to end somewhere or we just become that which we hate. Ww2 ended 68 years ago for fucks sake.
    Except that's not what anyone is saying or on topic

I mean it is in respect to what Devil said not to the whole controversy

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:03pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Confederate flag - a symbol of southern pride, southern independence and southern history. To many it is a symbol of hate. I don't understand why they can't step outside their own cultural shoes to understand that a symbol of southern pride is just a symbol of southern pride, regardless of who may have demonized it as a symbol of hate.
    That is a valid counterpoint when it comes to a semantic discussion.

Let me ask you this though, do people tend to remember acts of kindness more than acts of atrocity? What do people remember more, the good things the Confederacy accomplished, or the bad?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:06pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the rising sun symbol is badass looking, albeit a little large and gaudy on this gi for my taste. Fucking whiny Koreans are ratfucking the dojo pimps all over the rest of the world who don't give a ****. Buddyfuckers.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a thread about the same thing: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118792

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    What do people remember more, the good things the Confederacy accomplished, or the bad?
    Which people?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:10pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Embracing apathy over anger is a choice that some like, but I don't.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:12pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Blame the historians that wrote the books used in schools, not the culture that despises the flag.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast