Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2013 10:01am

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dgold44 View Post
    No I do not do cardio-kickboxing.

However, when I do spar in MT class- we only go light to moderate. You still get hit but nobody gets hurt too bad. So it is pretty safe. Our gym does have a full force sparing day but that is more for the advanced guys and the ones who compete. I stay away from that lol.

I am going to try out BJJ next year I think. Should be fun. My comments on Judo are only based on what friends have told me or what I have read on other boards. Also watching Judo on TV it looks painful.

You can get also alot of good techniques just off Youtube that are very useful like throat chops or web of hand strikes. If they land you can level somebody easily.
    you must be tough to only be 120 pounds and do Judo then.
    Dude....just.....wow.......sigh.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2013 10:12am

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dgold44 View Post
    All I said was there are far better things than Judo. Vey hard to throw anybody without that Gi. And it will be extremely hard to throw somebody who is kicking you in the groin or elbowing you in the throat .

I guess the whole room gangs up on me, since they love Judo so much.

I am sure Alex is one tough MF. That is why I also carry a small gun just in case lol. One in the heart or head and you are done. This is America.
    Yeah, look at how Ronda Rousey just gets obliterated in MMA because she can't wear her precious gi. She just couldn't throw anyone or do any of that fancy judo stuff to someone in board shorts and a rash guard.

We're not ganging up on you because we love Judo so much, we're ganging up on you because you're a moron who is dispensing bad advice based on absolutely no experience with the subject you're pontificating on.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345